Going wireless

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by cblguy, Aug 19, 2019.

Tags:
  1. cblguy

cblguy Tele-Meister

Im considering going wireless on my guitar. the question i have is..I use a tc Helicon harmonizer, so where do i put the wireless receiver.... on the guitar input to the harmonizer ??? and of course the transmitter in the guitar

follow??

2. LOSTVENTURE

LOSTVENTURE Tele-Afflicted

I have been using the Xvive system for over a year now. As for where to place the wireless system, I use a cable from my guitar straight into my effects, and then place the wireless transmitter at the end of that chain. Then plug the receiver into you amp. My situatation is a little odd since I don't always have immediate access to my amp.
    But, there are no hard rules as to where you put the wireless system. Try a few different conditions and see what you think.

3. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

I use a cheap xvive wireless and just think of the transmitter to receiver as a cable so the receiver would go in to the harmonizer. If you want to go from the board to amp I think you could run another transmitter from the last pedal and a receiver at the amp.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2019
    cblguy likes this.
  4. cblguy

cblguy Tele-Meister

Thanks guys...guess I'll just order one and experiment..I'm thinking tx on guitar, and rx on input to harmonizer....or mabey not ..LOL

5. cblguy

cblguy Tele-Meister

Just thought of another question...if you use wireless, what unit have you found that has the best bang for my buck..

6. schmee

schmee Poster Extraordinaire

The wireless is just your "cable". Think of it that way.

7. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Probably depends on the intended use. For home use and probably some gigs, there are a bunch of really inexpensive ones out there now that run on a basic Wi-Fi signal. XVive was the first or one of the first, but now there are really low cost options from the likes of Donner and similar. And from everything I've read the cheap ones work really well. I have Xvive and it works great. I have one receiver plugged into the tuner on my board, and three transmitters, one in each electric guitar. I charge each of them up every couple of days and just flip the transmitters on and off as I switch guitars. Works great. Wouldn't work with active electronics, though, so if you have a guitar with active electronics, look to a different system.

If you gig in really busy places, I've hear that the wi-fi based wireless units can get kind of overwhelmed by all of the wi-fi traffic in a lot of busy bars and places like that. I don't have any experience with any of that - I'm strictly a man-cave player these days - but it's something to be aware of. There are much more expensive systems that I guess with work on something other than wi-fi that probably avoid that problem and maybe they work with active electronics too? Not sure...

-Ray

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.