Giving Up Thinking!

telestratosonic

Friend of Leo's
Silver Supporter
Thinking has never served me well.
I think I have thought enough.
What do you think?
Me either, Bill. With 72 coming up, too much time on my hands and lots of reflection going on, I've concluded that some of the problems in my life happened because I didn't fully think things through. Lol.

elihu

Poster Extraordinaire
What do you think?

I’m reminded of the old man who visited the Urologist.

“Doctor…I’m having a hard time peeing.”

“So how old are you?”

“I’m eighty years old.”

“Don’t you think you have peed enough?”

o_O

Guess what I’m trying to say Bill is that I think that we’re not done thinking until we’re done.

Last edited:

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
I gave up thinking for a living when I retired. I actually miss the intellectual stimulation. I don’t miss working but I maintain my journal and newsletter subscriptions. I also stay in touch with former colleagues. It’s not that there’s no intellectual stimulation here, there is. But I miss the handful of people who actually knew what I was talking about.

unixfish

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
Do I think I should give up thinking? Let me think about that. GAAAA! Caught in a recursive loop! Black hole! Darkness! I don't think I can get out! AAAH! There I go again! ...

G.Rotten

Friend of Leo's
What do you think?
I spend too much time thinking and not enough time doing.

At 45 the time to "do" is getting less infinite.

All the time I've spent thinking and planning in the past has shown little actual progress as my plans always forget to take into account that no one else gives a damn about my thoughts/plans and things rarely play out like I thought they would.