Give Us Songs That Have A Big Dose Of Humor!

stonge

TDPRI Member
The Fools - "Life Sucks and Then You Die". Used to play this to end the night, followed immediately by a fast and angry "kill the guy with the ball" thrashing of Warren Zevon's/DBT's version "Play It All Night Long" . After 3-4 sets of playing nice, the "shock and awe" of the Zevon tune meant there was never an encore 'cause nothing we could play would make any sense after that.

Fourstringclover

TDPRI Member
I lived in Missouri my whole life so this one hits a little close to home...but it helps to laugh I guess

Oh, back when the most dangerous drug was heroin...heres to simpler times friends.

Last edited:

Fiesta Red

Poster Extraordinaire
90% of Ray Stevens’ catalogue.

the Stones, “Dear Doctor”

A Boy Named Sue

Ray Wylie Hubbard can turn a funny phrase...”Snake Farm” is a good example.

The song itself isn’t really funny, the the twist at the end of “The Corvette Song” (“it’s the brunette in your Vette that turns me on...”) is funny.

I like individual lines from songs (“the devil made me do it the first time, the second time I done it on my own”, “they popped me for possession of something that was gone”, “and found my cleanest dirty shirt”)...thing that are brilliantly and subtly humorous...

Rick330man

Tele-Afflicted
7 pages worth of posts and not a single mention of Chuck Berry's "Ding-a-ling."

I'll add the Who's "Squeeze Box," which might possibly be matched by their earlier "Mary Anne With the Shaky Hands."