Girl Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Informal

Tele-Afflicted
I wanted to buy a house that had a 4 car attached garage, and another 2 car detached.

My wife said "The whole house just looks like a freaking garage!"

To which I replied:
"I KNOW! Isn't it glorious?"

I didn't get my way...

But I have remodeled her stupid kitchen twice in 10 years.

Cheap Trills

Tele-Afflicted
The only "code" is to avoid letting us know that there actually is no code. it's called "Operation Crazy, Not Sorry" and membership rides on the second x chromosome.

(Any ladies reading this, know that I know what ya'll are up to and I'm not scared!)

Last edited:

Peter Graham

TDPRI Member
Eskimos have about thirty different words for “snow”. Girls have about thirty different words for “shirt”.
It affects us all. Old guitar players have at least three hundred ways of saying "everything used to be much better." And about the same number for "tone".

teleman1

Friend of Leo's
I'm not sure that's always the case but it certainly is true for the guitar world. The next"gee-whiz" pedal, amp, rack gear, guitar can't hit the shelves fast enough after the initial reviews. "You gotta get it." As an example, I give you the new UAFX "amp-in-a-box" pedals. YouTube gurus couldn't praise it fast enough and initial distribution was sucked up. Now anxious folks are salivating like Pavlov's dogs for the next mass distribution.
When someone created a bogus story about release of a new American Classic series to replace the AO series it created immediate anticipation.
I'm not sure why so many get sucked in by the YouTube shills.
Of course, at some point you get old or wise enough to have zero xxxx's to give about many things.
Your description is not necessarily a mega corporation, but the model behavior trickles down. I have been susceptible to media in very minimal ways. mainly because my Father taught me the necessary street smarts when I was very young, he passed when I was 11. We had a relative who menially handicapped. He was in his thirties and he liked "shinny" things. His Mom was always returning things to the family he would abscond. I remember my Mom preparing the place when he would visit. THe propaganda model is very similar. They look for the things we finds, "shinny. WE see "Shinny", all around us. But the shinny is repetitive advertising. WE look for it cause it offers us <"Shinny" Shinny new. WE are BIG on new, get it, get the lastest. Gotta, gotta, gotta git it! HGTV does it in all its glory. A one size fits all. IF every American watches that show, they'd attempt it and it would break most of them, before the finish line. But in every facet of our lives, you gotta call it as it is. And it is Propaganda. And I mean that in the most calculated envelop of our society. It is working us from every angle. I don't think it is a healthy environment for most human beings.

String Tree

Doctor of Teleocity

"The girlfriend/significant other told the contractor "I want this space to reflect who we are as a couple.""

So what does that mean for your next Guitar Purchase, standing there with the sales kid at Guitar Center scanning the big wall of guitars? Which do you choose?

Simple, choose the one You want.
YEP!!!

rdjones

Tele-Holic
Thanks, that's the first thing I caught too. Reflecting "who we are as a couple" would have ended up with a kitchen in the design mode of early log cabin with peach & avocado accents. Yeesh...

Wait, a bunch of guys think they understand "girl talk" ?
I think "it takes one to know one".
As much as I love Dave and Nick, here's an authoritative source:

BTW, I get the whole HGTV appeal.
The TV is quite often tuned to HGTV.
She (who must be obeyed in 'her' house) gets the Joanna Gaines magazine every month which always has Joanna on the cover. We don't yet get the Gaines' TV channel.

Last edited:

FaithNicole

Tele-Meister
I am totally at odds over this whole topic. stove, refrigerator, sink, flat spot large enough to use and easy to clean, cabinets that you can reach. Done. I'm 5'10" my SO is 5'2 .. The only requirement that I (we) told the contractor the one and only time we redid the kitchen (42 yrs together, moved into this house in 1990) was that everything was to be lowered in height.

bcorig

Friend of Leo's
Gold Supporter
Lost in the 909 trying to find my way home
Ya, love those disposable income shows.

I want to spend $30k so I can have the toaster over here and we can see our mates around the shiny island
with the 2nd unused sink.
The shows pay for a lot of the improvement. I have friends who went that route to get the work done and it wasn’t done very well and ran 3 times over the contracted time frame

tery

Doctor of Teleocity
Running water makes my SO happy.

1656006234849.png

getbent

Telefied
Gold Supporter
It is all corporations controlling & manipulating your life. No more, no less. And once anyone, least women, have has been exposed to it, the hook is already in your nose.
so, are you saying you are a corporation too, then?

how come we can point out where other people are manipulated and fooled but we aren't? how does one know when one isn't another person's pawn?

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
This thread is closed

As someone said, threads like this will alienate and chase people away from TDPRI

We are better than that

Status
Not open for further replies.