1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Gimme Shelter: Is This A Joke?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jwsamuel, Dec 22, 2012.

1. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

It's not really GaGa that's being defended here though is it. It's a peson's talent and performance skills that are being defended. In this case it just happens to be Lady GooGoo. I have defended her performance but frankly I have no personal stake in GaGa's life or what she wants to do with it. If she falls of the earth tomorrow I will continue on as usual. I have no interest in defending her but I will defend that performance.

There's a huge list of people who I can't stand as performers/musician's for all kinds of reasons, most of them probably quite petty but I always give props when I see true artistic/musical ability regardless of whether they offend my personal tastes.

2. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Firstly, it was me that wrote what you've quoted, not Norton72. You're already off to a bad start.:D

Notice this time I wisely chose not to attribute this quote to any one particular poster.

I apologize profusely to Norton72! I don't know how many funerals you've attended but it is not unusual for the speaker to misquote someone, so though I would suppose you COULD deducts points for that it's not something a lot of people will notice, except for possibly Irene (I think, but, don't quote me, the departed's dear spouse, or possibly Mick who might be vying for my spot in the service, probably not that of the deceased though, but, it is easy to see how they could be confused one for the other).

Another thing Lady G and I would possibly have in common is that she does appear to be wearing Depends, or a similar product under her garment. One can never be too careful wearing a clown suit if the base color happens to be white!

I will grant you this, I don't think Lady G is one bit less talented than Mick, nor any more ridiculous in appearance. There, how's that for compromise?

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  3. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

I think that's a great compromise and I concur.

4. dman

dman Tele-Afflicted

Well, this whole thread now (my posts included) remind me of what The Dude once sagely uttered..."That's just, like.....your opinion, man!"

I now shall disappear.

5. bender66

bender66 Poster Extraordinaire

I don't recall Dude saying that? You probably need to hit a cash machine.

6. Telenut62

Telenut62 Poster Extraordinaire

Dah...just a case of seen it all before....now here is a performance ;)

7. Sleph

Sleph Friend of Leo's

I can't think of a way they could have made that any worse......

8. garytelecastor

garytelecastor Poster Extraordinaire

Well, I never laid an egg either, but that doesn't mean I can't recognize one when I see it. And age is a non-entity. It is the body that ages, personal taste can change, but it is not a static element. I don't think that I could sit and watch Romper Room, or Sesame Street with the same zeal and excitement that I did as a boy. But I still can recognize the humor as being directed to pre-school children. Doe is mean that I no longer "understand" the intricate workings of a 4 year old mind? Or that if I were to sit through an entire episode of either that I would somehow lose all comprehension of what is happening between the Count and Oscar the Grouch? No.
    Neither does it mean that if Bert or Ernie got up and tried to sing the aria from La Boheme that I would have to be overwhelming in my praise because it was the first time that I saw a muppet sing opera.
    I feel that taste in all things, music, food, wine, others, etc., do alter with time, however I don't view that as something bad. As if anyone over the age of 40 needs to "renewed".
    I don't approve the idea that older people are nothing more than doddering old fools who are too stupid to live. I find that the older one grows the greater exposure to experience has created a greater sense of wisdom. When I have a very serious question that I need to deal with, I go to those people whom I know have shown themselves to be stable and reliable in life. And none of them are under 30 years of age.

9. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

:lol:

As the kids say, "Haters Be Hatin'!"

10. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

11. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I must say, she's got a voice... and she's got Stones!:p

12. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

So who or what do folks hate more, and why: Lady GaGa, Walter Trout, or Pro Juniors?

Please discuss:

13. stevieboy

stevieboy Poster Extraordinaire

About the snarky comments on her big butt--

You guys say that like it's a bad thing!

14. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

I like big butts and I cannot lie..

15. cosmiccowboy

cosmiccowboy Tele-Afflicted

GG is goo .. a skinny putrid piece a goo (she has my permission to speak poorly of me as well) :D

16. homesick345

homesick345 Poster Extraordinaire

Actually, it's mick jagger who's ridiculous, as much - if not more - than gaga

And yes, it's a cool guitar keith richards is playing.

17. sir humphrey

sir humphrey Friend of Leo's

Indeed - interesting that so many people find a woman who isnt conventionally attractive strutting her stuff something to disdain, but don't seem to mind a wrinkly old geriatric man poncing about like a 17 year old.

I wonder why that is.

18. Jadguitar

Jadguitar Tele-Meister

I actually found her singing (surprisingly) to be quite soulful. They both Looked like fools, but it sounded good.

19. electric

electric Tele-Holic

This thread is hilarious. :)

20. RCinMempho

RCinMempho Friend of Leo's

Love her or not, but Lady Gaga is a damn genius. In an era where an ugly woman can't possibly succeed in the music business, she completely neutralized that problem with excessive production. The woman has talent AND brains. I don't like her music all that much, but you cannot deny the brilliance or necessity of her approach.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.