1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Gimme Shelter: Is This A Joke?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by jwsamuel, Dec 22, 2012.

1. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I'm older than you and I dug it too!

And big kudos for staying upright in those 10"-12" platform heels while spinning and dancing and up and down stairs! That alone was quite an athletic accomplishment!

Vocals were great, very artsy effect (she IS a performance artist, after all), maybe just a few minutes too long is my only complaint.

2. tap4154

tap4154 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

IMO that was the idea, and she carried it off very well.

3. Overseer

Overseer Tele-Meister

her former profession might have helped with the ability to run around in heels

4. jgnov99

jgnov99 TDPRI Member

I find it difficult to see criticism of Lady Gaga's performance and no criticism of Mick's. They are the same beast. Mick has ALWAYS pranced and prowled the stage like a lunatic rooster, that's a HUGE part of the attraction of the Stones' show. I ALWAYS thought Mick was over the top because HE IS! That's what he does! She's just trying to be equally ridiculous. Therein lies the show folks. I always loved watching and listening to Keith and the rest of the band. You can't help but watch Mick because he's like a car wreck and you might find him repulsive but the shock value MAKES you look. Without Mick they'd still be one of the rockingest bands EVER but they wouldn't be the Stones. At this level of the industry there HAS to be a spectacle involved. The band brings the music, Mick brings the spectacle. Gaga is just doing the same thing. Personally I think it's ludicrous but "it's what sells"...

5. blues dues

blues dues Tele-Meister

Duly noted ;)

6. JayBeezy42

JayBeezy42 Tele-Meister

Seems like I touched a nerve.

Of course you are allowed to like and dislike what you please. However, if you're not able to express your opinions with civility, then you should keep them to yourself.

Saying "I don't like Lady Gaga" or even "I really hate Lady Gaga"? Perfectly fine, more power to you. Saying that she is a man in drag, or her butt is big, or garbage like that is just childish and misogynistic.

There are plenty of places on the internet to go get your hate on. I see no reason why people would want to start a thread dedicated solely to bashing any musician.

7. viking

viking Friend of Leo's

Thats too bad , I was about to say that I dislike everything about Stones , apart from 10 songs/licks they recorded waaaayyyy back in the day......
    " Worlds greatest rocknroll band " ?? Gimme a break .........!

8. dented

dented Doctor of Teleocity

Hell, that was entertaining!

9. Thorby Bislam

Thorby Bislam Tele-Afflicted

Lisa Fischer >>>> Cute lady backing singer with afro >>> Big haired girl out of xpensive winos >>> Florence Welch >>> Lady Gaga >>> Fergie >>> Mary j Blige, imho.

10. ravindave_3600

ravindave_3600 Friend of Leo's

So, SV's been here almost ten years and has over 2600 posts, while you've been here almost a month and have 50 posts, and you're lecturing HIM on tdpri etiquette? SV's comments were intelligent, and you decide to throw the hate card, which really IS childish. "Intolerant old guys"? If you couldn't see that her butt looked liked the south end of a north-facing zebra or that her dancing was outlandish (my first thought was that she was consciously mocking Jagger) you might want to sit out until after that appointment with your optometrist, kid.

11. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Also keep in mind that Mick started doing all of that over-the-top strutting and prancing back in the days when stadiums didn't have huge monitors over the stage, so you really had to exaggerate your motions for them to be seen by people farther back in the audience. Same thing with theater makeup-it's garish up close, but effective from a distance.

12. Chris Browne

Chris Browne Tele-Holic

Let's see how Lady Ga Ga sounds and looks at 68...Jagger didn't need her support in my opinion.

13. fraser

fraser Tele-Afflicted

that chunky bottom was the only thing i liked about that whole freak show.
    and it wasnt all that great a chunky bottom.

14. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Madonna has been holding up pretty well, and she's in her fifties. I think Gaga will have some holding power for a while, she seems very intelligent about where she wants to go.

15. zooropamofo

zooropamofo Tele-Afflicted

I'd like to hear the Stones duet Gimme Shelter with Adele. Now that gal can sing! She could do that apocalyptic voice any day.

Christina Aguleira (sp??) could nail it too. Check YouTube for her performance of Live With Me with the Stones @ The Beacon Theatre. Plus she's hot.

I agree though, Lisa Fischer can own it any day of the week. I'll never forget her part on "The Night Time Is The Right Time" back on the Bigger Bang tour. Awesome.

16. puremania

puremania Tele-Holic

I read this conversation while the video played in the background. I didn't hear anything I didn't like.

I imagine not much fazes you, when your career has been built around watching Jagger prance around like an idiot in front of your kit...

17. Durtdog

Durtdog Poster Extraordinaire

It is indeed hard to fathom that someone in show business would wear an outlandish outfit.

18. blues dues

blues dues Tele-Meister

Ummmmm, she's not a musician, a performer perhaps, a spectacle for sure but a musician, no

19. kp8

kp8 Friend of Leo's

It's only rock -n- roll.

20. jondanger

jondanger Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Hmmm . . .

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.