Gibson WM-00

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by zombywoof, Dec 14, 2019.

1. zombywoof

zombywoof Friend of Leo's

I was apparently on a roll last month. I also snagged a 2001 Gibson WM-00. This was one of those meant to be guitars. It was only 20 minutes down the road and had a price tag of less than what a new Epi Masterbilt flattop would have set me back. For me though this is one of those now for something completely different Gibsons as I own six string Gibson flattops built in 1932 and 1942 and a 12 string which was birthed in 1961. So a guitar built in the century in which I am currently living was something I had not experienced in a very long time.

The Workingman series was Bozeman's first attempt at a budget line with three of the four models lasting from 1998 to 2001 (the WM-45 was built for a few years longer). As Plain Jane as it got with its morado board and bridge, single ring rosette, and black binding and pickguard. I think what really attracted to to this one though is that unlike he other three models it was not based on anything from a past catalog but was a pure Bozeman concoction. It mates a 14 7/8" round lower bout with a J45-like 4 3/4" deep body. And I certainly do appreciate the 1 3/4" nut. Feels like home. The standout feature of this guitar is its midrange. The balance almost conjures up a late-1930s J35 but just not quite as powerful.

[​IMG]

2. studio1087

studio1087 Telefied Silver Supporter

Very nice!

3. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Some of those WM series Gibbies were pretty sweet. A few years back, a shop I go to now and then had a used WM-45 on the wall, marked at a very attractive price. I played the thing and it was great. Sounded like a good J-45. Went back two days later with money in my pocket and it was gone. Well, it wasn't completely gone. The owner of the shop decided to keep it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.