I have had several posts seeking suggestions on brightening up my 2016 Gibson Les Paul Traditional. Thanks to all who responded to my other posts. After trying different strings, and adjusting pickup heights, and pole pieces, I finally decided to upgrade the pots and caps and live with the outcome. I’m glad I did. After pulling out the stock Gibson pots, it’s no wonder the guitar was dark. Gibson’s specs for the volume and tone pots were supposed to be 500k pots 20% tolerance. Here’s what they measured on my DMM. Volume pots weren’t even close. I’m sure the volume pots were 300k instead of 500k based on the measurements. Neck Volume Pot = 294k Neck Tone Pot = 426k Bridge Volume Pot = 256k Bridge Tone Pot = 472k I replaced the pots with four CTS 500k Audio Taper Pots 5% tolerance. Three pots measured at 538k, and one pot measured at 539k. +7% on the positive side! Once I got the new pots and pickups wired back up, I used some test leads with mini alligator clips to test capacitors (orange drops & paper in oil), and treble bleeds (parallel & series many different values). I started with modern wiring. Much better and the treble bleed did the job. I liked a .001uf cap with 100k resistor in series the best. Next I wired the guitar with 50’s wiring and experimented with the different caps that I had. I kept switching back and forth from (modern to 50’s) comparing the differences and after over a hour of playing, I decided on the 50’s wiring. It took a while to get used to the volume and tone pot interaction but I loved how just barely turning the volume knob back cleaned up the tone. I ended up using a .015uf PIO cap in the neck, and a .033uf PIO cap in the bridge. I also added some Kluson Steel Knob Pointers. I am finally happy with my Les Paul. Thanks again to all who responded to my previous posts. Below are pictures of the final 50’s wiring, and of my Les Paul Traditional. Cheers!