Gibson J45 Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by mnutz, Nov 21, 2012.

1. Uncle Bob

Uncle Bob Tele-Holic

1969 factory second, J45 as far as I can tell (no label)
    [​IMG]

telestratosonic and rob2 like this.
  2. LP26

LP26 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I have a J-45 Vintage with an Adirondack Spruce top & bracing.
    It's one spectacular sounding acoustic!

telestratosonic likes this.
  3. delta tone

delta tone TDPRI Member

Ok. I’ve got to follow up on my previous post. I’ve now played live several times with the J45. Its still amazing. It’s a guitar that’s hard to put down. Everyone who hears it talks about how nice it is. Those who have played it just say wow. It’s a very nice guitar and maybe better than I expected.

4. mudshark

mudshark Friend of Leo's

1942 reissue

Attached Files:

5. Mike Simpson

Mike Simpson Doctor of Teleocity

Here are my J-45's 1949 and 1962

1949 J-45.jpg
    1962 J-45.jpg

6. sedandelivery

sedandelivery Tele-Meister

I lusted after a J-45 for years. Finally got one in '09 and played it daily. Eventually I was lucky enough to upgrade to a couple higher-end, smaller bodied acoustics and the J-45 barely gets played now. This thread inspired me to play mine again, and wow, I forgot how good this thing sounds! Great bass sound, all the cowboy chords sound perfect. I could sit and play Spike Driver Blues all day.

7. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

I posted my first J45 here years ago...I recently picked up my second, a 95 Banner RI J45. I read these were some of the first Bozeman guitars. Really loving it.

IMG_6777.JPG

8. Mdmoore255

Mdmoore255 TDPRI Member

My Gibson trifecta: gibsons.JPG J45 is the poet. LP is the hellion. 335 is the wise old man.

9. rob2

rob2 Tele-Holic

My old girl,early '70's.I'll have to pop the neck eventually and worse the celluloid binding was gassing off for years before I got it...its stable for now but if it starts again that could be a big job!
    Its absolutely addictive..it shouldn't be,a nearly worn out double X Norlin... but something about the sweet,sustaining tone,the way it swells,its full of harmonics and that weird bass/treble thing when strummed and it sounds almost stereo...
    I have an almost identical SJ from around the same time on the way,hope its half as good! DSCN2849.JPG DSCN2854.JPG

10. Mdmoore255

Mdmoore255 TDPRI Member

Post some pics of the SJ when it comes in!

rob2 likes this.
  11. rob2

rob2 Tele-Holic

..well it arrived and it wasn't great...the "professionally repaired crack" was just stuffed with some black putty!...the seller offered to take it back but I felt i could do a good job on it so opted to keep it and to his credit he's returned enough to cover the repairs(which I'm at right now).Will open a thread in the acoustic forum when its complete...

12. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Hey, I'm in!

Just bought a used 2016 J45 from a local music store. Looking at the sides, back, fretboard and neck, it's like looking at a new guitar. There's a little blemish to the left of the sound hole but I'm okay with it. It was a rental and had a damaged top. It was recently replaced but the pickup has been removed. I got it with full warranty for $1000 CAD below the price of a new one.

I was going through the store's acoustics a few weeks ago. Instead of me strumming them, I asked the sales guy to play a few so I could hear them. This was the only J45 I tried because of the price. But it really stood out. Two weeks later, I decided to go for it after conferring with my wife. I also sold off some stuff I no longer use to pay for it.

I love the sound of this guitar. Memo to self: stop hanging over the guitar when playing Okie from Muskogee and Your Cheatin' Heart, etc.!! My head is practically in the sound hole because I love the sound coming out.

I will install a pickup of some sort. Right now I have the option of researching and choosing what sounds best to me. irRZ5siSRNuHd3dNM0hPxA.jpg

I've owned USA strats, teles and Les Pauls over the years, going back to 1972. But I've never owned a high-end acoustic. What a fool I've been!

dannyh likes this.
  13. telestratosonic

telestratosonic Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I installed a L.R. Baggs Anthem. Really happy with the sound.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.