1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Gibson Goldtone

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Bluey, Nov 26, 2018.

1. crossroader

crossroader Tele-Afflicted

I owned a GA15 - black/USA-built.
    Solid amp. Not a whole lot of clean headroom with the 15-watter. I always wanted to try the GA30, but haven't seen one in person....and they're a little pricey to just take a chance on.

I used to run my GA15 with my Deluxe Reverb and it was a nice, little setup.
    It's in the Vox tone camp, but it's got it's own thing. And it's a good thing.

I never had any issues with mine.
    It was load to carry, but it's more compact than the GA30, so that made it easier.

But I have a Vox AC15, now. Makes the Gibson seem almost light.

I recently traded my GA15 in on a new guitar, but it served me well for a few years.
    I would think the GA30 is a very cool amp - likely very heavy as well.
    But sometimes that's an OK trade-off (for example, my AC15 :cool: ).

FWIW, I paid $450 for my GA15 when I bought it. It was used, but it in very good condition.
    It was easily worth what I paid for it.
    $1800 for a GA30 seems pretty high. Whenever I seem them listed, though, they all seem to have pretty steep asking prices.

Bluey likes this.
  2. Ted Witton

Ted Witton Tele-Meister

Each to his own! The amps were quite well built and sounded OK without having a distinctive sound but the weight distribution made them so and so's to haul around using the single central carrying handle. I seem to recall the big output transformer tilted the amps and they were pretty broad across the beam compared to most Fenders so they were forever banging against your legs.

3. Modman68

Modman68 Tele-Holic

I feel like this is the beginning of a really great song.

4. Zeonoid

Zeonoid Tele-Holic

blah blah GAS post

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.