1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Gibson AJ: historic 1936 vs used production vs HD28

Discussion in 'Acoustic Heaven' started by JamesAM, Sep 24, 2020.

1. JamesAM

JamesAM Tele-Meister

Nice! I’m from Herndon but live in ashburn now. Going to atomic or action was always a big deal. I bought my first “real” amp from atomic in 2001- a Peavey classic chorus 130 stereo. I usually had to buy whatever the Fairfax guitar center had in hand, and they never had any used gear back then.

I’m really excited to give pickers a shot once everything normalizes. You’re right, there’s nothing here that really caters primarily to acoustic instruments, so I really want to see what they’ve got.

2. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Not sure why, but i don't know that I ever saw a reply notification... Sorry it took so long!

Yeah, when I moved further away from DC, I found some interesting places... Picker's in Fredericksburg, Billy Cooper's in Orange, and a pile of others.

I remember when Herndon was the woods and Ashburn hadn't even been named. LOL. I have a few friends still living in Ashburn. None of them are musicians, though. One's a big vinyl buff...

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.