GHS NICKEL ROCKERS - Custom Light 10-50

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by funkysoul, Nov 19, 2019.

1. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Meister

for many years i was playing with 10-46 or 10-48 daddario,ernie ball or ghs never mind too much.for about 2,5 now i went 11-48 and i really dig them.then i tryed ghs 11-50 way better the lower 3 strings.but as the time passing by the higher 3 strings hearts my fingers a lot.i thought maybe a set 10-50 will fit me better and i did a fast search.i found a GHS 10-50 at reasonable price.i dont mind if they are eric johnsons 1rst choice but i relly want to listen your opinion about them.

2. E5RSY

E5RSY Doctor of Teleocity

The ground edges of the wraps on the Nickel Rockers grab some people's fingers. They do mine. I gave up and went back to Boomers for general use. Found I kinda missed the snap of a steel core, anyway.

If I do want a pure nickel string like the Rockers, though, I now use the Ernie Ball Classic Pure Nickel strings (aka the Rock 'n' Roll strings).

[​IMG]

Chiogtr4x likes this.
  3. Patton

Patton TDPRI Member

I’ve liked GHS Boomers TNT’s that are 10-52. Specifically 10-13-17-30-44-52. I think they absolutely rock a P-90 guitar.

I also have a set of 11-48’s on my Stratocaster with a wound G so I guess I like different strings for different guitars. I tried it mainly because I put staggered pole pickups (50’s style) on it and wanted to see what it sounded like. I’ll probably never put anything else on that guitar as long as I own it.

Experimentation can yield surprisingly nice results. Try something different, worst thing that can happen is you’re out the cost of a set of strings.

4. funkysoul

funkysoul Tele-Meister

well i gave them a shot.2 things are true.first i cant get a special deference in sound and second is that i much liked the gauge set.definitely my hands will do easyer bends and the lower strings will fill my hands at chords.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.