Gfs Wide range.. why no demos???

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by Tollehouse Twang, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Tollehouse Twang

Tollehouse Twang Tele-Meister

I can't find any sound clips or demos or the gfs Wide range fats.

I know they're just regular HB under there, I'm not concerned about that. I am interested to hear how they sound. I have a fender neck wrhb and need a bridge wrhb to match. Money is tight so I'm curious about these pups.

Anyone have a experience with the gfs wrhb?

2. tombob

tombob Tele-Holic

There's a older thread on these too but no body seems to have tried them on it either. I'm really curious about these myself, I really like the old style WR pickups with threaded and rod magnets. They (GFS) make Alnico and ceramic models no conife mags like early Fenders but if they have proper construction they should be much closer than the reissue Wide Range are. I'm not a big standard humbucker guy but I love minis and the vintage WR humbucking PUs. Standard buckers seem to "mush out" on me, it's hard to get clarity and balance I want but WR have the clarity of a single coil with extra "fatness".
    I'd really love to hear about these if anyone has tried them.

3. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I am also interested. I am a fan of the WRHB RI pickups so I would like to hear these in comparison.

4. Zepfan

Zepfan Poster Extraordinaire

They actually make 2 different sized WRHB's. One is the size of the original WRHB and one is standard HB size. Telenator rebuilt a few of the GFS WideTone pickups(original sized) and thought they were great for their price range.
    All GFS pickups are good for their price range and some are fantastic. Haven't dealt with these myself so can't offer any other info.

Look on Youtube for videos. I looked awhile back, but didn't see much. Hopefully there's more now.

5. tombob

tombob Tele-Holic

I emailed Guitar Fetish about the construction but they just replied they were out of stock with no answers about it but the pictures I've found look like the right build. I'm pretty sure the humbucker sized WR GFS PUs are bar magnet but the original size look like rod and threaded rod magnets and the resistance isn't crazy hot. The mini buckers GFS sells are too hot as well as several other different styles they make. I'm more of a vintage, low output guy. The vintage 59 and A2 bucker and some of their Tele and strat PUs are very good. I've heard the true coil II Strat sounds better than the F vintage noiseless do.

6. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Sorry I don't have a cleaner sound for the GFS Wide Tone demo. Did one, but can't find it now.

DrASATele likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.