GFS Parts-Lester, A Cautionary Tale

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by R. Stratenstein, May 22, 2016.

1. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Yeah - the crack design department is right next to the truth in advertising marking department.

2. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

Oh I forgot to say what a beautiful finish James put on that body. It looks..............black!

And shiny.

3. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yes, yes, I know. Too bad Brainy isn't here to make sport of my indescrition.

Yes, it works on several levels, doesn't it? :D

4. R. Stratenstein

Actually, they're one in the same! But we'll have to wait, because he's. . Uh, I mean the department has already started drinking for the upcoming holiday weekend, and we don't dare let em near the office. Last year somebody lit off a whole case of Monkeys Invade The Heaven Palace fireworks in the boss's office. Now I'm not naming any names, but there were a lot of empty beer cans, banana peels, a lot of brown fur, and some unspeakable nastiness on the expensive Persian rugs

Very shiny, and very black! Very Good!

Barncaster likes this.
  5. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's

Ok Rick, you have any swirl remover? I'm out and I'm leaving for vacation shortly.

I did all I could to get the back and sides fixed up, made some progress but there is only so much I can do without redoing the whole thing. I'm going to stick it in a box and send it off before we leave.

These pictures include all the little fuzzies that are ever persistent in messing up your photo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. awasson

awasson Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

I've been watching this thread with interest and it seems to me that you had a stroke of luck when you inadvertently knocked a chip out of the front of that switch cavity. The repair and finishing James made to that guitar is really something else.

7. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's

GAH!! My wife had enough morbid curiosity to see what this was all about. As she was reading through the thread I saw the picture of the recessed switch that I said I would include. Of course right after I finished putting the last piece of tape on the box.

Rick, when you open this thing be careful not to lose the piece. See pics for where it's at. Pick's cleverly located to protect the poor who have nothing to steal...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I pushed it down in there.

[​IMG]

8. Muzikp

Muzikp Friend of Leo's

Lol, I like that perspective.

Rick thanks for sending it. It was good experience for me, I don't work with poly much so it's good practice.

9. R. Stratenstein

More than good luck, I'd call it close to Divine Grace!

Indeed, I do have swirl remover, I'm glad you didn't go that far with it, you've certainly gone far too far with it already. Much more than I could ever have expected. And it looks spectacular!

Can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I shall endeavor to make the build worthy of it's new guitar-tuxedo. And open the box ever so carefully! Tell your wife thanks for me! In my case, having a wife is ever so much more convenient than having a memory, not saying that's you or anything, but. . . . .
    James, if you will PM me your Paypal account, I'll send you shipping cover, I didn't know how much it would be, so I know the bit I sent with the guitar was not adequate. Or if you want me to mail you a check, money order, stamps, a big box of pennies, what ever works best for you. I am in your debt, sir, big time. Can't wait to get my mitts on it again. Thanks ever so much!

10. oldrebel

oldrebel Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Now that is one fine looking guitar!!! Great job!!

11. Barncaster

Barncaster Doctor of Teleocity

No more hammering switches into place! Now comes shaping the neck and inlays and frets and pickups and wiring and setup and beer. Sounds like summer.

The monkeys are safe in Osaka, defiling Jup's rug, drinking his beer and Saki and getting to know all the neighbors' cats. Life will never be the same.
    Rob

12. R. Stratenstein

Nope, I done learnt my lesson. Will be assembling Elpee, but first. . . . nother project in front, maybe more, watch this space for details....

I was gonna ask about the Mr. Yeknom's crew. I thought they might be in Texas, helping Nosmo catch up on some of his projects. . . .

13. nosmo

nosmo Friend of Leo's

The monkeys are find in Japan. I've got my squirrels to help me. The problem with Texas right now is it's about 4000 degrees in the shop. Kind of zaps your energy.

14. allen082

allen082 Friend of Leo's

Man I hear that. I try to drag my stuff out of the shop where it's only 2000 degrees, but even then, you can only work so long....

15. R. Stratenstein

Wow, what does 4000 degrees in the shop translate to, in the shade?

16. Barncaster

Nah, they're in Osaka but they do like bourbon so it wouldn't take much besides loading the crate and abusing Jups secret, hidden, emergency credit card to land in Texas. Keep your eyes glued to the radar.

17. Barncaster

Sounds like it's time to cough up a few Franklins and go buy an AC unit for the shop. Not that I have been arranging logistics but the monkeys are willing to wave fans for beer. Let me know on the offer......
    [​IMG]

18. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Friend of Leo's

That monkey looks like he has one hand on a fan blade and the other on a cherished possession:eek:

19. R. Stratenstein

That or he's learning some Michael Jackson dance routines.

20. Barncaster

Might be a new game......something akin to spin art perhaps but this is all conjecture of course.
    Rob

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.