GFS Basics Tele Body

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Strato50, Oct 9, 2019.

1. stuffinplays

stuffinplays TDPRI Member

Not bad at all for $40. Have you used their necks before?

I spec'd out an entire guitar (almost!) for $236 with the XGP body which is $80. That's less than a Warmoth body or neck! Just wish they had a double bound LPB body

Strato50 likes this.
  2. archiemax

archiemax Tele-Meister

The "Tele" I play for Elvis tribute shows has a pawlonia body from GFS, I like it!
    [​IMG]

Strato50 and fendrguitplayr like this.
  3. Erdowonge

Erdowonge Tele-Meister

I got one of the pauwlina tele bodies.Turned into one of my best guitars with an all parts neck on it.Unique bright tone eveyone i know loves ,and its got flatwounds on it.Lightest guitar ever too

Strato50 likes this.
  4. harold h

harold h Friend of Leo's

I stay away from anything from GFS that is made of wood.

There are other options that are better and more consistent at similar
    prices, too many issues with GFS to fool with.

Their pickups and other stuff is ok, though.

ben smith and fendrguitplayr like this.
  5. Strato50

Strato50 Tele-Afflicted

I’ve had good luck with their bodies so far. This one is on point. Weighs about as much as an Alder body.

ben smith likes this.
  6. Tippy

Tippy TDPRI Member

I have two GFS bodies. One is a Flamed Maple top with Vintage burst and Binding, the other is the Seafoam Green with double binding. Both are super light, though I couldn't tell ya how much they weigh. I used a Warmoth Vintage Telecaster neck (I think), and a White/Black/White pickguard.

On either body, nothing lined up, and I pretty much destroyed the Flamed Maple one trying to do the work myself, mainly because I have the patience of a 4 year old on Christmas morning. I mean, I destroyed it, I routed out too much for the pickups (some old standard tele pick ups I had laying around) because they didn't fit, and took multiple attempts at getting the neck aligned.

For the Seafoam green one, the moment I saw the neck wouldn't fit in the pocket I took it to my trusty guitar repairman/luthier, and he did a super job on it for a very reasonable price. It needed some work, not only at the neck pocket, but also the string through holes were off, so they had to be moved. I ending up putting Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in it.

Having said that, it's a winner. It's pretty, sounds fantastic and everyone goes "what is that!" when they see/hear it. I have a sneaking suspicion the finish is going to wear pretty quickly, as I play pretty heavy handed and I can already see markings on the body where my strumming arm comes into contact.

Bottom line, I would do it again. My advice is go in knowing that it will likely be a project.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.