GFI Specular Tempus

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by thefruitfarmer, Jul 21, 2019.

1. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer Tele-Meister

This is a pedal that only seems to work for church music or ambient guitar.

I can't imagine it working with anything heavy at all or even with rockabilly, country or indie.

Especially after watching this:

:)

2. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

I'm of the mindset that with enough physical or virtual knobs any effect can be made to work in any situation. This is definitely catering first and foremost aimed at the ambient player. Rockabilly and country might think it overkill. "Indie" is a really broad genre, so it would likely find a home in there somewhere.

It seems like this isn't your cup of tea - OK. Good thing there are many other choices.

As for heavy, I can think of how bands like Meshuggah, or Deftones, or Failure, or Dream Theater could work this into their sets pretty easily. All it takes it the know-how of where to use it in a song.

thefruitfarmer likes this.
  3. thefruitfarmer

thefruitfarmer Tele-Meister

I am yet to find a vid of this pedal doing anything that isn't churchy or ethereal.

Would like to though.

You got me there.

I do quite like the way it is set out with the two switches and two line display but I have yet to hear it doing anything I actually like the sound of.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.