Getting out the Lap Piano

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
Tuesday night the Misses and I are providing music for a church service. The Lap Piano needed some new wires.

599A9D27-B7F1-48C2-8336-72DDA634DAC9.jpeg

So now you know how I spent some of my Saturday evening.

newminglewoodblue

Tele-Meister
Serial number puts it in 1989. But I bought it new in 1994. I have never been able to figure that one out.

You bought new old stock, which is common on the high end guitars. It took a few years for your dealer to move it, and as it sat there (occasionally being played no doubt) it was opening up and becoming the guitar it is now.

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
You bought new old stock, which is common on the high end guitars. It took a few years for your dealer to move it, and as it sat there (occasionally being played no doubt) it was opening up and becoming the guitar it is now.
Good theory. I was in the room when dealer called his district rep to see if there was one available. I was there when the rep called back and said there was. While we had the rep on the line I asked to have CF Martin IV sign it. He did. Guitar showed up a few weeks later. Dealer called me. We were all involved in opening up the box.

Puzzling.

Dukex

Tele-Afflicted
It sounds as good as it looks. Engleman spruce top. EIR back sides. Luscious overtones. Serial number puts it in 1989. But I bought it new in 1994. I have never been able to figure that one out.
Sometimes they just sit around in a shop somewhere unloved until some lucky soul like you or I show up. I bought my 1995 Webber OM NOS in 1998. She's still as beautiful and classy as ever!

Boreas

Doctor of Teleocity
Keep her in her case properly hydrated and she should outlive a few generations of your heirs!! :) If you notice any buzzing/playability issues, take a good look at the frets. A few seem to be lifting. May just be the lighting.
Green with envy!!

Buckocaster51

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ad Free Member
Many people came up afterward and complimented the sound of the guitar. We were playing through a single Ear Trumpet Labs “Myrtle” condenser mic plugged into the house sound.