Getting harder to work and gig

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by ebb soul, Sep 18, 2018.

1. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Gotta tues night spot. Then a sometimes thursday spot, and now fridays too.
    Its effecting my work, or my energy level.
    I don't know that my old regimine of apple cider vinegar, hydrogen peroxide and CBD oils are gonna be enough.
    It ain't a desk job folks its construction and the heat takes great toll too.
    Self employed, at least.

2. Tommy Biggs

Tommy Biggs Friend of Leo's

Hang in there, better weather is on its way!

But you’re doing a lot...good for you. Make hay while the sun shines and all that...

Gene O. likes this.
  3. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Friend of Leo's

Best best wishes Ebb ! I hope the weather starts cooperating for you soon.

I am trying to at least make an appearance at a couple job sites this week. I rode down to Memphis with my dad last weekend and made back mid week and stopped by a project in mid Missouri. It was 97 in the greenhouse and I can’t tolerate much heat yet.

Eat healthy and get good sleep when you can !

4. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Like Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull) sang, "Nothing Is Easy ...."
    Good on ya' for showin' up, and doin' the work!

5. jazzereh

jazzereh Tele-Meister

Does this go in your hair or do you eat this concoction? :confused::eek:

But really, that's keepin' busy for sure.

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. Joe Sailor

Joe Sailor Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Hydrogen Peroxide? Isn’t that deadly to consume?

7. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

Sometimes, we're our own worst enemy. Even though it hurts a little, it must be what you want to do.

I had a tough love friend long ago who always said to me (when I said there was something that I was doing that I really didn't want to do) "yes, you do want to do it. If you didn't want to, you wouldn't be doing it". In certain situations it can feel like we don't want to do something (in my case, I didn't want to keep taking on more work at work, and some browbeating from my friend made me realize that I must've or I wouldn't have done it - and then when I really didn't want to do it for real, I just said no).

Practice that with yourself. "If I really didn't want to do this, i wouldn't do it". It helps, because even though some of the stuff stings in the short term, you don't fall into the mental trap of thinking that some invisible hand is forcing you to do it - you're moving the hand, and it doesn't feel so bad when you figure out you really want to do it. It also makes you consider "what if I just stopped doing two of these shows", and you realize "no, I really don't want to do that at all, that's worse".

8. D_W_PGH

D_W_PGH Friend of Leo's

no. Lots of things aren't until they get to a certain level.

Strange aside - earlier this year, I wanted turpentine to make varnish. Real turpentine that smells like pine (the stuff in hardware stores is from stumps or paper industry and maybe from petroleum).

Guess where I had to go to find it in the US? health food stores. People are sitting in and ingesting turpentine. We KNOW that's poisonous, but I guess you can get away with ingesting it in small amounts! I guess I should be thankful that the quack medicine market makes a demand for it, or I'd have had to order it from an international source.

Joe Sailor likes this.
  9. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Poster Extraordinaire

Try find a balance that works. I work construction too, concrete and paving self employed going on 28 years now. I burnt out around 8 years ago. Work/ life balance was off and a crazy ex didn't help. Get regular sleep, try for at least 6 hrs, eat as healthy as you can and keep a regular light exercise routine going. I know it sounds strange when work is physical but keeping moving on the days off somehow keeps things in order. If I get sick it's always when on holidays or lazing for too long. Makes going back to work that much harder.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
    Nickadermis likes this.
  10. ebb soul

ebb soul Poster Extraordinaire

Medical grade hydrogen peroxide has been proven to be both purifier and toxin eater.
    Many use it just for thier mouths.

Joe Sailor likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.