1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

getting exstatic about a standard us strat

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by eddiewagner, Mar 28, 2013.

1. eddiewagner

eddiewagner Poster Extraordinaire

hinguys, i bought a strat yesterday, tinkered it to my personal preferences and i just can not believe how good that guitar is. i have two other strats, that can not come close to that rich, warm but still clear and rocking tone.
    maybe the fat 50 pups do the trick with that block. i play pretty fat strings too.
    took me almost two hours, to get the setup right, but that is a fabulous guitar.
    eddie

2. RevMike

RevMike Poster Extraordinaire

Congrats Eddie!

Strats take a little wrestling to get them the way you want them, but once they once you get them tweaked juuuuusssst right....they are so much fun.

Enjoy! And post a pic!

3. BritTwang

BritTwang Tele-Holic

Congrats! Looking forward to picking up a US model myself, though its a few months away yet.

4. Omiewise65

Omiewise65 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Happy new(or old)guitar day to you !
    Love reading about happy folks with a new toy .
    I know that feeling too and it returns to me every time .:cool:

5. dhuber

dhuber Tele-Meister

I own quite a few guitars and the problem I have is it's hard to play any other guitar because I've been playing Strat's for so long. When I plug something else in it either does not feel right or sound right.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.