Getting caught up after a hiatus.

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by Censport, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Censport

Censport Tele-Holic

The past 10+ years, I haven't played out at all. It's probably been 20 years since I last bought anything other than strings or a guitar. Haven't even been playing at home, other than an occasional plinking. But lately I've been inspired to play more (at home), and my inner Gilmour is coming out (again). I dug my old pedalboard and rack out of the basement, and some of the old gear is having issues.

1. The Ibanez UE-405 cuts the volume drastically when activated. What could this be?

2. The first night I used my Line 6 MM4 pedal, it would only work if the power supply was plugged into the Rack Rider power conditioner (as opposed to a 6-way strip). Tried it again the next night, and it would only work if I unplugged the little power plug from the back of the pedal and plugged it back in. Even then, it would only activate an effect once, and wouldn't switch to another effect or turn off. I'm hoping all this needs is a new power unit, as I had some cool effects programmed. But if it's not salvageable, what a modern alternative?

3. The Line 6 Echo Pro works fine, but the pedalboard controller for those was HUGE, so I never used it live. Is there an alternative controller for the Echo Pro these days, or a better/easier delay unit on the market? Preferably rack mount with loads of program options.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.