1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

getting a Washburn Bender acoustic

Discussion in 'B-Bender Forum' started by Chet Johnson, Jun 26, 2014.

1. Chet Johnson

Chet Johnson Tele-Afflicted

I know these aren't the latest thing anymore, but I just contacted Ferrest Lee Jr. Yesterday and I am going to get a Washburn B Bender Acoustic.

I've played bender teles for 20 years now, and I feel cramped and limited on acoustics and any other non bender guitar.

I'm hoping I can wind up having an acoustic style that's like a mix of Marty Stuart's acoustic music, with licks from his electric songs.

2. djalt

djalt Tele-Holic

I'm jealous. There I said it.... :)

Way to go Chet. Forrest is a straight up great guy. He'll set it up properly too.

3. Chet Johnson

I cant wait. Excited to be able to better mix my acoustic and electric styles. Forrest said it makes playing acoustic soo much easier

4. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I sure would like one, but I don't play much acoustic and I've already got 2.

5. muudcat

muudcat Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

I tried one at NAMM this year, not the best situation to test a guitar but I can't say I care for them. Maybe they'd break in after a while but the one I played felt stiff and the guitar itself isn't much to write home about. I suppose plugged in they might offer some bender satisfaction. I hope you test drove one before you bought it

6. Chet Johnson

I dont expect a taylor guitar, its $850 street price for the guitar and the bender. Stiff is good, I have my mcvays set pretty stiff to not have any accidental bends. No, this rare for me to not test drive first. , I have watched a bunch of videos and inspected pictures, but I cant find any store that stocks them.

Forrest set it up last night with 11-52 strings. (I play 10's on my teles, and 12's on my Martin) and it is shipping today.

7. muudcat

muudcat Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

can't knock an acoustic to much that can make those bends though. Give your report after you've played it some, I'm curious.

8. Chet Johnson

Should have it monday I would imagine

9. Chet Johnson

Tracking number says today is the day.

10. Chet Johnson

I unpacked the guitar yesterday evening. Im very happy with it. Plays great, nice sounding and very nice looking guitar. The bender inside looks pretty neat. It works smoothly and seems to be accurate. I havent tried to adjust its tuning or tension, forrest set it all up and greased / adjusted the bender before he shipped it.
    I totally dig this guitar and want to play acoustic now, which used to be a cramped and limited feel for me.

11. aflatminor

aflatminor TDPRI Member

Hey Chet,
    Great to hear the Washburn turned out good for you. I honestly thought the guitar was great for the money, great tone, lovely sound. main problem was the bender in that the Tension screw was too short, hence the stiffness of the bender.
    Really happy that it is better for you, probably due to having Forrest set it up?
    I honestly think the guitar is great value if set up correctly.

12. Chet Johnson

I havent adjusted anything. It works great, and it is definitely not too stiff, its easier to use than how tight I have my electric benders set up.

13. Ormond

Ormond Tele-Afflicted

Hey! Happy for you - have not been here in a month so I missed your news.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.