1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Get it out of your system: little things that bug you!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BigDaddyLH, Dec 30, 2015.

1. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

+2 Yeah, how can people do this?! It is embarrassing that the human race can even think of just tossing their garbage anywhere they want. Everyone should go visit Belgium just to see what a clean country looks like. Even there, the senior citizens go out and pick up the trash (probably caused from tourists).

2. puddin

puddin Tele-Holic

ThinLion

OMG... that just tickles... can't get a rebuttal on that there rabbit ears. I'm thinking I stole his thunder... if so, he's getting 3 or 4 good channels and his DAM COMMERCIALS.... are free.

3. Blue

Blue Tele-Afflicted

You're as in you are ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

4. Skub

Skub Poster Extraordinaire

I record everything I need to watch on the box,it's a great way of avoiding ads. Ain't seen one in years.

5. x2plex

x2plex Tele-Meister

The bizarre and widespread use of the word 'fold', as in 'three-fold', to imply multiplication. Anyone who has successfully folded a piece of paper upon itself more than twice has observed a power law relationship. 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, etc.
    three-fold = 8

Until recently, I was also bothered by modern electronic dance music. I now realize that it is simply this generation's version of Polka music. Same beat, different accordions. In 40 years, a whole new generation of polka lovers, glow-sticks in hand, will be bouncing the halls of retirement apartments across the continent.

6. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

People who talk about hearing the F-bomb. I've heard that word many times and have also used that word and have never heard a bomb go off.

Movies on tv that are edited for content so much so that the whole integrity of the movie is lost.

7. Geo

Geo Friend of Leo's

Our local one has flat spotted left rear wheels that make a thump thump sound
    as you wheel through the store. Odds are about 1 in 50 of getting a cart
    without the flat spotted wheel. I think those cart retrieval pulling machines
    caused that wheel to lock and drag across the parking lot.

8. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Though having spent a lot of time in the woods in the nearby mountains northeast of where I live in my younger days, I had through a chain of circumstances not been in the woods for almost twenty years. I returned to hunting and was simply aghast at the changes in the way that people who camped there treated the land. Anger gave way to a deep sorrow when I saw pampers floating in Peppermint Creek and old fishing haunt from my younger days.

When my wife and I go walking with old Toto in the evening, we take along a sack to pick up trash that has accumulated along the way. We live in one of the better parts of town, and trash is still a problem. I shudder to think how much more so it will be in the days that lie ahead.

9. Danomo

Danomo Tele-Holic

My eyes (and ears) have been opened!!!
    :eek::lol:

10. Just-Jim

Just-Jim Tele-Afflicted

Hearing newscasters say "it's a fluid situation".

Hearing people at televised press conferences say they can't comment because "it's still a fluid situation".

11. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Gold Supporter

Polka=rap Perhaps. Psycho socio demographic changes that I am not privy to

12. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

I have the potential to be interested in watching a low-budget found footage horror movie, since one in twenty will really scare the wits out of me. (Every year of my life, I get an updated license to use words that I wouldn't have dreamed of using the year before. Hence, "wits.")

I just have to accept that these frequently start with a party at someone's parents' house that seem to use the same script, dialogue, characters, fake loud music, fake alcohol being sprayed and poured on people, and the same mini drama of some girl who acts like she doesn't like some guy, but does. We also are introduced to the nerdy loser of the core group, and the highly symmetrical and artificially enhanced leading man and lady. I think there is like one guy and one or two women who appear in only scenes like these, where their only function is to yell single syllable words while hanging onto the vowel for 4-5 seconds.

The best of this genre has a scene the next morning of the 4-5 future slabs of meat filming each other bickering all through the drive to the scary place.

The trifecta is when they set out on their journey, and one guy starts riding another guy to the point of them yelling at each other the moment one of them disagrees with the other about which fork in the trail to take, or when one discovers the other forgot the map, etc.

All I ask is for the actors not to yell so loud and appear so pizzed off all the time.

In other news, I think I must have a strange medical condition that has my perfectly relaxed, contented mood when driving to the store for milk suddenly turn RED. I see only red, as if a red curtain was suddenly lowered over my field of vision, and my nervous system starts rattling and clanking, the second someone comes up behind me, tailgating mere inches away from me. I become a different person with an entirely foreign set of reactions, thoughts, and moral beliefs. Fortunately, it would take a lot more than that to get me to do something foolhardy and spiteful, not to mention dangerous or illegal.

13. Thorby Bislam

Thorby Bislam Tele-Afflicted

Shoe chains ftw.

14. RoyBGood

RoyBGood Doctor of Teleocity

Orange and Teal makes me squeal.

Number 1 on my list at the moment is the insidious and depressing trend of 'colour grading' in films - you know, that godawful two-tone 'teal and orange' look that just about every new film being thrown up by Hollywood has these days. ('Battleship' is a typical example). Why do they do it? - it costs a fortune to produce a film, yet post-production, the decision is made to make it look like every other film on release! Crazy. I was watching John Carpenter's 'The Fog' a few days ago and was a joy to watch a 'spooky' film without everyone having 'sunbed orange' faces and deep peacock blue clothes! The diabolical trend has now infected TV ads.

A close second is the obsession TV ad directors have with insisting that any adult male cast MUST be bearded.

And whistling music in ads too - hit the mute button!

15. O- Fender

O- Fender Tele-Afflicted

Drivers who pass you and immediately slow to make a turn forcing you to slow down. You gained absolutely nothing, dude. Thanks.

People who ask your opinion on a play, film, music and when you say you didn't like it, they make some comment that it's your fault. "Oh, you are just used to the popular formula and not used to anything else."
    Uh, no. I like a variety of that kind of art but that really was bad.

I'm not sure if I am bothered more by political correctness or those who use "I'm politically incorrect" as an excuse to be a jerk.

Women using trying to use "I'm a mother bear" to excuse obnoxious behavior.

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Tele-Holic

Alot.

It's "a lot."

17. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

People crunching ice or eating really crunchy foods has always annoyed me.

+1 on the drivers in a hurry to get in front of you only to slow down to turn.

18. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

How did the term "political correct" make a comeback after a decade of laying dormant in the fields of personal effrontery? Of all the challenges and problems in our lives, why does the idea that one should respect the way that people want to be treated cause some folks to be so deeply offended by that? Big whoop.

19. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

I always stop far enough back at a signal light crosswalk so that I can see the bottoms of the car's tires in front of me. I hate it when some moron pulls up behind me so close to the rear bumper of my car, I can't see the hood of his car, only the windshield and his grimacing face because he had to stop, and he can't pull all the way up inside the trunk of my car. This almost insures that if one of his brethren rear ends him, I'm gonna get it too. If he'd just park as far back as most rules of the highway books suggest, he and his brother could enjoy their wreck all by themselves.

20. Tele wacker

Tele wacker Tele-Holic

During a gig, people who are not ready for the next song on the list. I don't play that much but myself and another guy always have set lists ready. One of the singers always wants to do songs that aren't on the song list and sometimes there is 5 min. between songs. Drives me crazy.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.