1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Get it out of your system: little things that bug you!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BigDaddyLH, Dec 30, 2015.

1. jaimed

jaimed Poster Extraordinaire

Car fog lights on at night with no fog. Blinding.

2. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

People who drive 5 MPH (or more) under the speed limit... (That's like 233 km/h for you Canadians) ;)

People who merge onto a 70 MPH freeway at 35-40 MPH. I see this behavior everyday, drives me crazy! I use the on ramp as a drag strip, and am ready to merge at around 80 MPH, I can easily brake and scrub off 10 MPH if necessary.

People who misspell "Brakes" as "Breaks"- I'm referring to the friction device that is used commonly to slow a vehicle down, just so ya know what I'm talkin 'bout!!!:D

People who write "RPM's" when referring to rotational speed. RPM is already plural, it stands for "Revolutions Per Minute", thusly writing "RPM's" is effectively saying "Revolutions Per Minutes", which is just wrong.

People who mistakenly refer to the inline 6 Diesel engine often found in Dodge trucks as "Cummings". I actually saw a guy at a local car show with a 2500 Dodge truck customized with camouflage and large stickers on the doors that said "Cummings"- I asked him if he was a big fan of the band The Guess Who, he gave me a blank stare. Finally after several people pointed out the error, he pulled off the decals!:lol:

That's all, everything else in the world is perfect for me, except for guitars that weigh over 9 pounds, I just hate those things!!!;):p

3. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Wobbly wheels on grocery carts. Being in Walmart takes it to another level since they are all like that, and it is like jousting going down the aisles.

4. dsutton24

dsutton24 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Beagles.

5. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

You know, you've got a real legitimate gripe there. I pity the poor soul who has to push 15 of those things back into the store from the parking lot.

6. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

Where's that like button? Every time I get a cart with a wobbly wheel I can feel the cart's anger creep into my body through the handle. It's like that car movie Christene only the cart comes to life in my hands and wants to mow down shoppers. :eek: ;)

7. Stubee

Stubee Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Toenail clippers that get dull way to soon, driving me into a nail-shredding & ripping frenzy, with a dose of lumbago thrown in for seasoning.

Bath bar soap that gets small and falls through the slits in that thing my wife has hanging in the shower. And the razor that falls from the same hanger every time I look at it.

Dryer lint. Isn't it time we found a way around this insidious problem?

All of the telemarketing & teleprobing phone calls I get. I don't answer them but waste precious fractional seconds glancing at the phone when it rings.

People who read a post about fruitcake then invent preposterous stories about them actually liking it.

Hernias.

8. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

:lol::lol::D

LOL!! I like Beagles, as long as they are owned by someone else, and I can walk away from them!!

9. flathd

flathd Poster Extraordinaire

People that don't turn their headlights on when it's raining, snowing, or almost dark. Those popular silver/gray cars blend in with the asphalt pretty well.

People that make a left turn from the right turn lane in front of me as I'm driving straight through the intersection.

People that pass on the shoulder of the road so they can be first one to the intersection.

To be continued....

10. slauson slim

slauson slim Friend of Leo's Platinum Supporter

The creepy Dr. Pepper stadium vendor on the television ads.

11. DaddyG

DaddyG Tele-Meister

Being from a time when you were expected to do your best in every endeavor, I realize that I'm OLD and do not matter. But here goes:
    1. Rude, and inconsiderate people
    2. Poor hygeine
    3. What's with people trying to change the way we were taught to speak? I live in Norton not Nor'un.

12. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

My wife and I have started saying this, as when we are leaving the house to go to dinner: "Go, go go!"

My top pet peeve has got to be dialog in movies that can't be heard over the music. Even in documentaries. What is that the music is supposed to be giving? A mood? I don't want a mood when watching a documentary. I want the facts.

13. chris m.

chris m. Poster Extraordinaire

People who say "anyways" instead of "anyway". My wife is one of them, and I can't correct her since that would just be insufferable on my part. So I just grimace a little every time I hear it.

This just in: I just checked the internets and I guess anyways is not completely wrong. It's my own fault that it grates so, or my mother's since she was a stickler for that one. "Unawares" would grate on me as well if I heard some one say it.

"Anyway vs. anyways"
    Anyways is a colloquial variant of the adverb anyway. It has a casual tone and may be considered out of place in formal or serious writing. In such contexts, anyway is safer.

Although considered informal, anyways is not wrong. In fact, there is much precedent in English for the adverbial -s suffix, which was common in Old and Middle English and survives today in words such as towards, once, always, and unawares. But while these words survive from a period of English in which the adverbial -s was common, anyways is a modern construction (though it is now several centuries old).

14. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

People that start threads with the the sole purpose of stirring the possum, and instigating angst, in otherwise innocent guitar players.:twisted::lol:

15. Middleman

Middleman Friend of Leo's

Inconsistent volume when switching between TV channels, also between programs and commercials, causes my wife to yell at me about being deaf. I'm an innocent victim I tell you.

16. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Hippocrits, bad spellers and people who use owkword grammer improperly.

17. flyswatter

flyswatter Friend of Leo's

- Musicians who are "heavily into the blues" but can't identify one blues song that wasn't covered by Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughan, or Led Zeppelin.

They show up with their silly hats and conchos. You call out "fast shuffle in B flat with a quick four" and their eyes glaze over.

18. zimbo

zimbo Friend of Leo's

People who park at the curb and then go in to go shopping.

People who call other people "loosers".

19. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Telefied Ad Free Member

This is a set-up. You must be friends with Kelnet. :D

20. sjruvolo

sjruvolo Tele-Meister

Political Correctness. It seems everyone is offended in one way or another.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.