1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Get it out of your system: little things that bug you!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by BigDaddyLH, Dec 30, 2015.

1. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Love is love...it does seem very petty to allow someone else's love for anything or anyone to anger them...props to you, Tony.:lol:

2. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

We had a snow storm in the valley this week (not bad, just a couple of inches that was gone by the late afternoon). People don't just forget how to drive in it from year to year, they forget between storms.

3. Andy B

Andy B Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

How did we forget "selfies"

4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Because I value their service so highly, military personnel get a free pass on this, no sweat whatsoever.

But if you haven't served and you pronounce it as though you have, I will not be impressed. At all.

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I had a choice and I chose dogs over kids.

Then I discovered, at least in our case, Daisy IS the Parent. Or maybe the drill sergeant. She keeps us grounded, and so much of our activities seem to happen right now, not tomorrow, because she whips us into shape and is always calling for action.

6. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

Malapropisms.

I used to work with a bass player who said "tinty" when he meant "tinny." It required every bit of self-restraint I could muster not to strangle him. I think I did yell at him once (which was wrong), so naturally he said it all the time after that.

7. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Some people have no ideal how to use words correctly...

8. Kirchensfan

Kirchensfan Telefied Ad Free Member

Sporting events where the National Anthem is open to "artistic interpretation" rather than done as written and the crowds who can't shut up until it's finished. Also those who think all the other patriotic songs used at stadiums should be afforded the honor as the actual anthem.

9. ColonelPanic

ColonelPanic Tele-Meister

A couple more...

- Granary Bread
    - People who don't rinse dishes before putting them in a dishwasher
    - Those same people who don't understand the luxury of having a dishwasher
    - TV shows that are not an hour long, but are supplemented to an hour by adverts (commercials)
    - Completely random "mid-season-breaks" in US TV shows.
    For reference, over here, we have a TV show called 'Casualty', a hospital drama. It is an hour long, advert free, trashy, and the BBC have aired at least 40 episodes per year for 15 years straight (slightly less before that). It's awful, but dependable.

- Conspiracy theories
    - People assuming I have an ulterior motive for having a beard. Laziness, that's it.
    - Excessive use of the words "yourself sir" when being served food or a drink.

To add to Ksfan's comment above, I get unrightfully annoyed when the British national anthem is produced by anything other than a full brass band. I also feel compelled to give an honourable mention to the kid who was playing "The Star Spangled Banner" with his school orchestra, when his cymbal detached mid-song here...

10. Kirchensfan

Kirchensfan Telefied Ad Free Member

Great example both the young an and the audience. thanks!

11. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Poster Extraordinaire

Hmm, just realized I've never heard a national anthem played at a golf tournament. Should at least start them all off with some bagpipes and maybe a cannon to wake up the neighbors.

12. Andy B

+1 for the most part. I will say that I do think the same respect should be shown for
    God Bless America

13. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

While applying for a Gander Mountain credit card to pay for her new ###, my GF was told there were some issues with her application. Having a credit score of 802, we were perplexed. When the explanation was received in the mail, they said her existing card balances were not high enough and her principal balance on the property was also too low.

Could it get any more backwards than this, for any number of reasons?

14. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Translation? Is that whole wheat or "multi-grain"? What is your beef with it?

"The food there is awful, and the portions, so small!"

I'll take your word on that.

15. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Well how many tinnies had he drunk at the time?

My thing-that-bugs-me of the day: Websites that allow you to order and pay for an item and then send you an email saying it isn't in stock and they'll have to order from the supplier! :mad:

16. amplifiedhermit

amplifiedhermit Tele-Meister

Has anyone mentioned used guitar listings with pictures of the instrument lying directly on concrete or some other rough surface? I guess it does give you a good idea of how well they've probably treated it though.

17. HoodieMcFoodie

HoodieMcFoodie Telefied Ad Free Member

I played with a guitarist for many years who insists on using the word rift, when he means riff. E.g. " Yeah the rift in that song goes like this..." It drives me crazy every time I hear it.

I got a chart from a mutual friend the other day for a song and in the notes it said rift. I said to myself, "I bet Pete wrote this chart out".

tgfmike likes this.
  18. Andy B

I like the expression: Everything works great except:______ in for sale ads.

19. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

The "lol" has been converted by some into a comma. At this point I wish we could call a moratorium on using it at all.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.