Get Back, deciding on a venue: "what about a hospital?...."

drf64

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I know this Documentary has been well discussed here, but I have to say, I'm finding glittering nuggets by going back through it repeatedly. I'm fascinated by this bit of dialogue about doing the live show and Paul has the idea of trespassing and getting arrested, suggesting the main hall of Parliament. Lindsay-Hogg objects, saying it's too dangerous and offers "What about a hospital? I don't mean for really sick kids. I mean for kids with broken legs." Paul jokes about the sappy sentimentalism and we get a close up of John's face, kind of detached but kind of reflecting the absurdity of it all.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
I know this Documentary has been well discussed here, but I have to say, I'm finding glittering nuggets by going back through it repeatedly. I'm fascinated by this bit of dialogue about doing the live show and Paul has the idea of trespassing and getting arrested, suggesting the main hall of Parliament. Lindsay-Hogg objects, saying it's too dangerous and offers "What about a hospital? I don't mean for really sick kids. I mean for kids with broken legs." Paul jokes about the sappy sentimentalism and we get a close up of John's face, kind of detached but kind of reflecting the absurdity of it all.
That comment about the hospital and "not really sick kids, just kids with broken legs and stuff like that" stood out to me too. Lots of d-baggery going on with Lindsay Hogg. I can just see him calling hospitals, and with his annoying voice asking "do you have really sick kids there, or do you have just a bunch of broken legs and stuff like that?"

JL_LI

Poster Extraordinaire
There’s actually a gem hidden in the two snarky posts above. What about a benefit FOR a hospital? St Jude’s or Shriners Children’s Hospital in Sacramento. Sick Kids in Toronto. You don’t have to play there. You just have to play FOR the kids.

It’s probably complicated. But if it’s not about the money, let it be for the greater good.

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
There’s actually a gem hidden in the two snarky posts above. What about a benefit FOR a hospital? St Jude’s or Shriners Children’s Hospital in Sacramento. Sick Kids in Toronto. You don’t have to play there. You just have to play FOR the kids.

It’s probably complicated. But if it’s not about the money, let it be for the greater good.
Actually that's sort of what I was thinking too. They were only concerned about their own promotion, and using the sick kids as a prop.