Georgia (our dog) has passed on

Dave Skowron

Tele-Meister
She had a job to do, she did it, and now on to other things. You are better for having had the privilege of her company for those 9 years.

colchar

Friend of Leo's
Georgia was one of the. if not THE greatest dog I've ever had. She loved everyone, and most everyone loved her. She was 17 the best we can figure. In 2008 I joined a band and we practiced at the female singer's house. At the time she owned Georgia. I always told the singer I wanted Georgia if she ever had to give her up. Separately, my (now) wife - who I didn't know then - was a friend of the singer's and had also met Georgia and said the exact same thing about wanting her. Probably 2011, Halloween, we were playing a gig and singer invited my (now) wife as a blind date. We hit it off obviously and wanted Georgia together. In 2012 singer killed her husband, and was in jail. We contacted the singer's teen daughter, and took Georgia. It was meant to be. It's been exactly 9 years give or take a week. Sigh... Sorry this was long and probably more than a little incoherent. Here's some pics. View attachment 992848 View attachment 992850 View attachment 992855

So sorry to hear this. I love dogs, and like them more than I like people. My boy (only four years old) is flaked out in a recliner a few feet from me and I cannot bear the thought of losing him.

I cannot imagine how you must be feeling.

idjster

VERY grateful member
Silver Supporter
Such a sad loss. I'm very sorry that you had to experience it, she sounds like such a good girl. My condolences.

telemnemonics

Telefied
Ad Free Member
Unbelievable back story. That dog, and your wife, were meant to spend their lives with you.

I'm so sorry for the loss of a family member. Thank you for adopting Georgia, and in time maybe you can consider another rescue. Don't rush it; the right dog will usually rescue us.

Prayers.
The whole dog rescue scene is another very sad situation due to mass irresponsibility anong a certain kind if dog owner who abandons them for whatever reasons, some of which are understandable but the numbers are really unacceptable.
Shelters packed with heartbroken dogs hoping somebody will wander in and save them.

In Maine every dog owner I know adopts dogs shipped up from the kill shelters down south. Maine only has no kill shelters, plus adoption agencies.
Im sure some dog owners here are buying purebreds, but shelter pups know the difference between home and homeless so even with some behavior challenges they have the longing to be loved component big time.

A neighbor has a little pack of (used) greyhounds that are super sweet and good natured.
I shy away from the idea of "replacing" a pet but have to figure a pet that just departed would want us to be loved, and would not be hurt if we rescued another homeless pup "too soon".
Breed hardly matters....

One can visit shelters just to see if some soul calls out to us just so?

geoff_in_nc

Friend of Leo's
Thank you everyone. I really appreciate the kind words.

It was and is rough, but we had a lot of discussion over the week and knew it was time. The signs were plain to see and escalated quickly.

Thanks again folks.

brookdalebill

Tele Axpert
Ad Free Member
Very sorry for your loss.
My little Siamese kitty, Thomasina passed away on the 6th.
The first pic was a little while ago.
The washing machine pic was a few years ago.
The little B&W kitty, Daisy Marie is in kitty heaven, too.
6735B5CB-5E64-4F9B-B50E-76E63AD78CBC.jpeg
CF746B0C-0CC0-4C91-A8DE-F640FEAA6EE4.jpeg

geoff_in_nc

Friend of Leo's
I’m sorry of her passing
But did anyone else get a laugh out of, it was meant to be ? As in the singer killing her husband ? ? Lol
Could be me, I’m twisted like that

Rest easy Georgia
Mark, I didn't think of it that way, but I do appreciate the dark humor.