Gear Plans for 2020 ??? Teles, Strats, Amps

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by RoCkstAr256, Oct 3, 2019.

1. tfarny

tfarny Friend of Leo's

Before the end of 2020 I will have a metal body resonator, a Vox-type amp of some kind, and a good multieffects, all of which I will pay for by selling stuff I don't use now. It's possible I will pick up a Mandolin at some point, too.

bromdenlong likes this.
  2. VWAmTele

VWAmTele Friend of Leo's

A fog machine.

But seriously, no new gear. 4+ years since last purchase. I'm almost cured.

Grateful Ape, blueruins and NewKid like this.
  3. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Friend of Leo's

I'll probably buy some project stuff, broken guitars, parts, kits etc.

As for new stuff, I'll probably buy various effects although not buying the cheapos at the rate I have been over the past 4 years unless something unique catches my eye.

A lot of what I buy is going to be governed by other expenses, hopefully not as bad as they have been the last couple of years where I've had to put about $10k into house repairs.

4. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

New kitchen for Lady Fiesta Red.

Two of my Tele-inspired designs (one more traditionally Tele-Esque than the other) will be built by a friend.

Attenuator for the 63-reissue Vibroverb.

Sell some instruments I’m currently neglecting (2013 Fender Modern Player Telecaster Thinline Deluxe, 196?/7? Teisco Del Rey, a few pedals).

Acquire some more Lone Wolf Blues Company devices for harp playing.

Have my Airline archtop acoustic’s neck reset and add two pickups—an acoustic pressure pickup and a P-90, with separate jacks—to it. I’ll have more money than it’ll ever be worth in it, but there’s a million songs in that guitar and it has great sentimental value...plus, the initial investment in the guitar was $0.99 twenty-three years ago, so I’m already ahead.

Finish restoring my 2DHT 1964 Ford Falcon Futura.

5. dannyh

dannyh Tele-Afflicted

I want some sort of Gretsch type guitar...at some point. Still trying to figure out exactly what that will be. I’ve considered converting a partscaster Tele I built into a “Gretsch-caster” with TV Jones filtertrons, or maybe get an actual Gretsch. My first choice of a “real” Gretsch would probably be one of the higher end Duo-Jets (I played a Harrison sig model that I thought was just great), but I don’t think I can justify that much dough for a secondary niche guitar. I do like some of the 5420 E’matics ive tried...we’ll see how that turns out.

57fenderstrat likes this.
  6. Fuelish

Fuelish Tele-Meister

foothills of the Great Smoky Mountains, east TN
    No plans for "gear," per se, just strings for the bunch, new knobs for my Strat...am actually quite content with my gear, honestly...have 2 acoustics, 2 single coil guitars - well, 3 , counting the P90, 2 with humbuckers, and a bass, as well as 3 usable amps...so my coming years will consist of keeping everything working, and more fine tuning, but, I'm good ... although Mrs Fuelish doesn't believe me

NewKid likes this.
  7. Skydog1010

Skydog1010 Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Nadda, zip, zlich, zero!

Not holding my breath, either!

8. Steve 78

Steve 78 Friend of Leo's

My plan is to build and build. First attempts at everything. 1. Fairly trad tele. 2. Epi Crestwood shape but modified strat type setup (2 pickups, neck fat 50s, bridge undecided but something hot - Dimarzio injector or STK-S6 perhaps). 3. 5E3. Plans for a few more but if I get that much done in a year I'll be happy.

9. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

I hope to have my W/D/W rig complete by end of this year. About ready to pull trigger on a DRRI. 2020 May bring a tele with a tremolo..

10. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Shuster likes this.
  11. mimmo

mimmo Friend of Leo's

Looking forward to seeing the announced new vintera telecaster lacquer and roadworn, or maybe a telecaster with a rosewood board if it gets availabe again.

Turn my classic series 60s telecaster into an esquire.

12. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Afflicted

Every year, it's the same: one of these days, i'll get a Duo Jet and/or a Martin 000-18. Then I'm done.

13. RB522

RB522 Tele-Meister

I can't really think of anything I need, except for maybe more time to play what I have. The one exception may be the addition of a Pignose amp. I don't know why, but I've always wanted one of those.

DanDII likes this.
  14. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Friend of Leo's

I don't have plans, things just happen...

BramptonRob1958 and GGardner like this.
  15. Gaz_

Gaz_ TDPRI Member

Danelectro 59 for me I reckon. I've been putting it off, but I can't help but stare at a baby come back blue one.

Then again, I'm also desperate for any 60s archtop (I can't afford vintage fender, but would just love to make music on something with so much history)

And then there's the very recent desire for a Telecaster Custom, ideally in natural with a black pickguard. (I don't want a bigsby though, so that one may have to wait)

But mostly, I should get back to practising guitar and writing songs!

16. MDent77

MDent77 Tele-Afflicted

I am in the market for another acoustic guitar. I like a relatively warm sounding instrument with excellent projection. I was looking at a few Martins but was surprised when I played a Taylor 324e at a local music store. Many Taylor guitars I've tried have been too bright sounding for my tastes but not this instrument. I am debating purchasing the Taylor.

17. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Havent bought anything other than strings and a cable in 16 yrs. I will be 69 in Dec. No need for anything thing new from this point on. Just being realistic about whats left in my life.

BramptonRob1958 likes this.
  18. mkdaws32

mkdaws32 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

More Teles! Maybe a Player in Polar White - or maybe some type of Squier and something else...

19. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity

yesterday I bought my one dream pedal a montreal assembaly "Count to five" a whacked delay looper thingy a hand made pedal , this thing is nuts!

there is one other pedal but we will see

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019
  20. Mayas caster

Mayas caster Tele-Holic

Early silverface Princeton reverb

GGardner and bgmacaw like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.