GE Smith blond closer to original tele?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by dogfootblues, Feb 25, 2014.

1. TwangBilly

TwangBilly Tele-Afflicted

I love mine. It came from the factory with tubing under the bridge pickup. It has aged and yellowed nicely in the 6 years I've had it. I like this blonde better than the '52 AVRI myself.

2. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

[​IMG]

3. dogfootblues

dogfootblues Tele-Afflicted

Looks pretty light. Lighter than the new av 52's no?

4. dogfootblues

dogfootblues Tele-Afflicted

Looks light than the new 52's no?

5. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Hmmm.

Interesting. I've always liked my honey blonde Nashvilles, but I don't think they correspond with the G E or with any vintage Tele. I almost felt like Fender deliberately did not get this color on this inexpensive MIM model accurate to history for fear it would undercut AVs and Cunettos and whatever other expensive stuff they were trying to sell.

Kinda like "Denatured" alcohol? :D

Nashville has "peach/tan" overtones that none of the lacquers on the various reissues and so forth have nor do any of the old Leo guitars I've seen. Check this against the TDPRI blonde background for instance:

[​IMG]

6. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

I mounted my Seymour using the 3 stock mount points - I felt that's the way the designer of the original pickup would have done it.

[​IMG]

I didn't know there was a central mount point on the GE, only that the rout depth was different from normal.

7. xFallenx

xFallenx Friend of Leo's

So here is my main question. Why have you all teased me so? I saw this thread and curiously looked at the guitar and was like "Wow...." so I looked it up and the price made my soul cry :'(

8. FredDairy

FredDairy Friend of Leo's

Hard to tell. That flash really makes everything look bright in that pic. That's a Broadcaster in the pic I posted too. But one thing is for sure, there is no tint to the finish on the neck. The new AV '52s got that part right for sure.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.