Gave One Away

Frisco 57

Tele-Holic
My good buddy "Tarheel Mike" is turning 70 this weekend. He has been struggling the last couple of years trying to learn 5-string banjo with not a lot of success. I wrote a note saying that now that he's 70, it's time to graduate from five strings to six. The note was place in a cardboard case with this Epiphone that I've had for a few years but never played much. I promised him some lessons too.
"Tarheel" was moved almost to tears... Happy Birthday buddy!

IMG_3981.jpg

gimmeatele

Friend of Leo's
Good on you. I am having a meeting tonight about selling the guitars and amps I have left here in the UK to a school program, if I get my way they will be donated to the programme, I don't need money for them if they set the next generation off on the road to rock n roll.

EDIT.....,.had the meeting and pulled out, they said the would love to have them, BUT could not guarantee they would not sell them on! Maybe you just cannot be helpful!

Last edited:

OlDefGuy

Tele-Meister
The best gift ever! Good for you and your friend.
When we had pawn shops and mom & pop music stores in the area I would find respectable cheap guitars in need of repair, fix them to decent players and give them to kids that showed an interest in playing. I got more pleasure out of doing that than just about anything. Today all the mom & pop stores are gone and all the pawnshops think that non-working Squire Affinity sitting in the corner is a genuine ‘52 built by Leo himself. Makes it hard to build playable giveaways now.