Game of Thrones... I AM DRAINED (spoiler alert)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Torren61, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Miguel-martinez

Miguel-martinez TDPRI Member

the first scene, when they send the 'cavalry and lost them a few seconds after just made me really realize how terrible was the situation they were in, it was an amazing episode, an amazing show.

DonM and Torren61 like this.
  2. Torren61

Torren61 Friend of Leo's

Exactly right. Add in the tension of everyone running around getting ready for the battle and then watching the Dothraki cavalry's torches go out was just suspense at it's best/worst.

DonM likes this.
  3. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Jon Snow has proven to be a terrible tactician.

Torren61 likes this.
  4. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

Finally got a chance to watch this episode today... whew, what an edge-of-seat experience. I can’t imagine how tough that all was to film and stitch everything together into such a great sequence of events. Loved it, although I have to agree with some others that there were a few nits to pick. But it was still epic.
    Lady Mormont’s heroic death scene was easily the most spectacular... the tiniest defeating the biggest.
    This was an interesting read, which delves into some of the backstories related to the battle events: https://www.theverge.com/2019/4/29/...ll-night-king-death-weirwoods-melisandre-arya

Because... riding dragon = awesome. Although you’d think they would put some sort of straps or something to better hold on... holding on to scales? Not me.

Have to agree with you on that one... the realization in the early episodes that anyone was fair game to get killed made things uniquely compelling and tense, compared to other shows.

:lol::lol::lol: That conjures a comic scene where Bran is just rolling away from the NK and his entourage for a half hour or so... with the NK looking over at his henchmen and shrugging every now and then.

That’s not actually a DC construct; it’s essentially one of the foundations of storytelling since forever... put your heroes in impossible situations, so all seems lost, then get them out of it. The alternatives are somewhat boring, for the viewer. It wasn’t really miraculous either, IMO... it was the culmination of a Lot of backstory.

Agreed. Even something subtle and mysterious, like showing the whites of his eyes right after the NK grabs Arya, which causes the NK to turn his head to Bran for a moment, giving her an opening. Anything.
    Also, Jon Snow was monumentally ineffectual in the battle, if you think about it. Did he actually accomplish anything whatsoever? At least Bran did the bait thing very well.

Last edited: May 5, 2019
    Torren61 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.