1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

G&L ASAT Tribute Classic String Spacing?

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by Wamba, Mar 23, 2018.

1. Wamba

Wamba TDPRI Member

I'm looking to upgrade the bridge/saddles on my 2006 ASAT Tribute Classic. The specs listed are 1 5/8 nut with a 9" radius. What is the string spacing?

2. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Found this on Guitarsbyleo:

Here are the string spacing measurements I get on my 3 Tributes (E to e) at the saddles for each type bridge is:

Saddle-lock - 2 13/64"
    Traditional box - 2 9/64"
    Tone-Pro - 2 3/64"

The information isn't from me, so I offer no guarantee written or implied, laugh.

3. Wamba

Wamba TDPRI Member

I think I've decided on the Gotoh Modern. Is that gonna work on the ASAT Tribute?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  4. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yes, it sure will work. But, know right now, that Gotoh Modern weighs roughly 8 ounces. Which is Heavy (brass) by my standards. Only the Saddle Lock is in that range (ASAT Special). It will most likely make your guitar sound more Midrange Large.

+

Let me just mention that with barrel saddles, string spacing at the bridge is approximate. ASAT Classics tend to run wider on average than you'd get with a 3 barrel saddle arrangement. I discourage people from trying to install an ASAT Classic bridge on Fender T style guitar because it pushes the E strings really hard against the edges of a Fender width board. The G + L neck is wider and so, little or no issues there.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.