G and L 2014 ASAT USA Alinco

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by afireinside, Dec 11, 2019.

1. afireinside

afireinside TDPRI Member

So found a mint 8.5 lb butterscotch with the classic alinco pickups case classic c neck and custom order sheet. All for $800. Its close to xmas so im a bit apprehensive but what a great guitar. How are these necks? I tend to like thinner 60s Gibson necks. Seems like a soild price. Opinions? My comparison is a older CV 50s with Fender Pure vintage 64 pups, upgraded bridge and pots i just dont like the tiny fretwire (with the extra thick poly this one has)

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019
  2. afireinside

afireinside TDPRI Member

Pics

Attached Files:

GearJammer93 likes this.
  3. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Nice looking ASAT. The Classic C neck is narrow - 1.625" wide (they use a "true" 1 5/8" nut width, not the more common 1.65" width) and it's a fairly chunky C shape - something like the old AVRI '62 Strats and Teles but maybe a bit thicker and with a bit more shoulder. G&L necks used to vary a lot, but since they went to CNC routers for the neck blanks they've been a bit more consistent.

I've never played one with their alnico pickups; only ones with the MFD pickups.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.