1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

G.A.S for fortin a Neural Modeling Amp = Busted

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by ping-ping-clicka, Dec 3, 2020.

1. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Is it less embarrassing when you bust yourself on some sketchy/wooly thinking G.A.S. attack?
    A rhetorical question
    I was gasing for this new and improved supper product that could do this and do that juggle balance the books get me a mexican divorce, shine my shoes and would sound sooooo muuuuuch better than what I have.
    A) I 'm not married.
    B) I already have really good sounding amp sounds.

G.A.S. ATTACK! AVOIDED
    more in this case is not better, it's just consumtionitice at play, .
    The false belief that I need more to have enough
    Just one more purchase and then I'll have enough.
    Have been to a gazillion A.A. / N.A. meetings this thinking pattern seems strangely familiar.
    My gear sound so much better now, it's amazing.

justice.png

2. Nahtabot

Nahtabot Tele-Meister

I am weak.

[​IMG]

3. unixfish

unixfish Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

I go through that. I don't like to spend money, though, so that usually stops me. Or, I will go to my favorite Mom & Pop, pull a Tele down, plug it into what amp I think is my dream, start playing, and think:

"Not bad. Not worth a grand (or two) for something that is only marginally better than what I have."​

So I pull down that dream guitar, tune it up, start playing, and think:

"Not bad. Not worth $1200 / $1500 / $2000 for something that is only marginally better than what I have."​

I then go home happy and content with my current setup.

My home setup is nothing fancy; a Baja, an SRV Strat, and a Mustang III. Sure, I can get better sounds from another amp, but this modeler allows me to get really close, and do so at low volume (there is someone on the phone for work here from 08:00 to 21:00 almost every day). So why spend the money?

Others may disagree with my stance / equipment / sound / approach, and that is fine. It works for me. I have no illusion that it will work for everyone.

I am really happy with my setup. Sure, I still look and lust, but it almost never gets to where I am pulling out the credit card. There was only one instance where I was close recently - a used American Professional Tele - but it was about $250 overpriced for what I was willing to spend. I walked away, happy that I made the right decision. I still am confident I made the right decision.

Back to my beloved setup.

ping-ping-clicka likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.