FUZZ. Players? / Users? Too Old Fashioned? My Very Favorite Type of Gain Pedal.

wulfenganck

Tele-Afflicted
It's a two-trick pony! Have you tried the other mode as well? šŸ™ƒ
(Yes, I know there's a third mode but a clean boost function on a fuzz pedal
doesn't count!)
Yes, I tried it, but I don't like the second setting, seems to be too bassy and compressed for my taste. I also doubt it'll cut through the mix of a band.
By the way, with a bit of delicacy you can turn the switch in between 1 and 2 and have both settings mixed. So there are actually 3 fuzz options....
Again, the other fuzz options are not my cup of tea, but I enjoy the first setting and I'm really surprised about the lack of noise and hiss.

ndcaster

Doctor of Teleocity
I use the DOD Carcosa and love it

very versatile, lots of sounds, nicely responsive

am I missing any variety of fuzz that it can't do?

hopdybob

Friend of Leo's
@arlum
i don't like fuzz, i thought, but i am not sure anymore
did not know what the amber overdrive was, liked the videoclip and made the DIY version.
that still has to be boxed, just like the pink purple fuzz DIY project.
just time is the dealbraker to get those things done and try them out, dang!

Tobias

Tele-Meister
I really like my fulltone 69 (fuzz face) for that rolled back strat tone. A nice option to add dynamics and ā€œthreatā€ to your sound.

I owned more types and still own the behringer super fuzz and a karma suture, they are not on the board.

Played an Earthquaker hoof a few weekends ago, really liked it. Looking for one now.

funkysoul

Tele-Holic
I like a lot of recordings featuring fuzz though I havenā€™t used one much myself. I picked up a use EHX Satisfaction used, cheap but havenā€™t really played with it too much.

There is an Earthquaker devices fuzz with a bias knob that I seriously thought about buying. I can get some almost fuzz tonz out of my DS-1.
Just open it and populate the board with it free slots for 1 cap and one germanium diode. You'll get what some guys have payed for a lot

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221128_082446_com.android.chrome_edit_57336216696979.jpg
    Screenshot_20221128_082446_com.android.chrome_edit_57336216696979.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20221128_082406.jpg
    Screenshot_20221128_082406.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 2

arlum

Friend of Leo's
Platinum Supporter
@arlum
i don't like fuzz, i thought, but i am not sure anymore
did not know what the amber overdrive was, liked the videoclip and made the DIY version.
that still has to be boxed, just like the pink purple fuzz DIY project.
just time is the dealbraker to get those things done and try them out, dang!

While the Amber Overdrive is always in my top 5 gain pedals my very favorite currently is the JAM Padals Red Muck II. It's a pedal built to deliver the tones of David Gilmour and does so wonderfully. David often used a signal chain with an Overdrive into a Big Muff Fuzz. The overdrive was always left off until it was time to take the lead at which time it was switched on to overdrive the Big Muff. The JAM Pedals Red Muck II is this dual pedal setup in one pedal. The right switch turns the Fuzz / pedal on or off. This is the primary effect. The left switch kicks on the section to overdrive the Fuzz. As said .... this is currently my very favorite Fuzz pedal effect.

hopdybob

Friend of Leo's
While the Amber Overdrive is always in my top 5 gain pedals my very favorite currently is the JAM Padals Red Muck II. It's a pedal built to deliver the tones of David Gilmour and does so wonderfully. David often used a signal chain with an Overdrive into a Big Muff Fuzz. The overdrive was always left off until it was time to take the lead at which time it was switched on to overdrive the Big Muff. The JAM Pedals Red Muck II is this dual pedal setup in one pedal. The right switch turns the Fuzz / pedal on or off. This is the primary effect. The left switch kicks on the section to overdrive the Fuzz. As said .... this is currently my very favorite Fuzz pedal effect.
I hope it works out when i try the amber.
another pedal in progress is the Black cat fuzz (freddy fuzz) that i could maybe use as the booster together with the Amber.

just don't like gritty/fizzy sound in overdrive/distortion

but than again, my sound perception listening to youtube clips can be way of