Fuzz into a Champ

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Erdowonge, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Erdowonge

Erdowonge Tele-Meister

I have this TC Electronic Honeypot fuzz im messing about with .I had the Champ(5f1) on about 2.5-3 volume ,overdive on low volume and fuzz volume dimed.When i turned the OD (leaving just fuzz between guitar and amp)off the volume increased ****loads and the feedback was howwling. So what would happen if i dimed both Fuzz and Champ? Its got a 25watt Jensen speaker in it .I was playing a P90 SG into it.

IMG_20200112_203109.jpg IMG_20200112_203138.jpg

2. Vfc13

Vfc13 Tele-Meister

No expert here but on my Reverend with dual P90’s the farther I get away from the amp the feedback goes away.

3. Erdowonge

Erdowonge Tele-Meister

Thats a good point . I just wondering now if the speaker would handle it ..or the circuitry even.i`m no expert either ,obviously.

4. Javier668

Javier668 Tele-Meister

I use a 15 watt mojotone cranked and double muff with my les paul and no problem.
    Play it!

5. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

in that setup, you were using the Honey Pot as a preamp gain stage more than as a fuzz. Place the guitar on zero and slowly turn the guitar volume up......do not play the guitar...keep one hand on the strings. Does a harmonic feedback begin? If so, speak into the pickup...does the pickup act as a microphone? If so, then those P90s are microphonic and will be very sensitive to high gain situations. If you do not encounter that microphony, then the feedback you heard was simply the reaction of the instrument to the gain situation while you were playing. +1 on the observation that proximity to the amp has a definite effect on the reaction of the guitar to what comes out of the speaker.
    Keep messing with the Honey pot with the amp at that volume. Turn the HP volume(gain) down and push the Sustain(fuzz) up to learn how that unit works. The tone will also have a gan effect.....see what you like there. After you get to know the effect and if you want to just for grins, dime everything. After all....those pots go there, right? Hey, the ?Champ goes past the dime...to eleven!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.