1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fusion Mineral Paint?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by expat701, Dec 1, 2020.

1. expat701

expat701 Tele-Meister

Hi, I will soon be painting a brand new Ash body.

I have to work indoors with children around and so I need to use something that's very safe (non-toxic). I've landed on Milk and Mineral paints and I particularly like the look of Fusion Mineral Paint: https://fusionmineralpaint.com/

Has anyone used Fusion Mineral Paint to finish a body?

Perhaps someone can give me some tips using Milk or Mineral paint...

I'm a complete novice at painting... I've never done anything before except house painting.

2. dogmeat

dogmeat Friend of Leo's

looks like "paint" paint.... house paint. if thats what you want go for it. if you want something that looks more like a guitar finish theres other stuff. waterbased polyurethanes & such. I've use the Minwax version. it looks good. takes a tint & such, you can see grain through the coclor

3. expat701

expat701 Tele-Meister

Thanks for your reply. I'm wanting a opaque finish - either a yellowish (vintage type) white or a daphne/sonic blue colour.

The Fusion Mineral paint is meant to go on matt; you can then add a clear coat like wipe on Minwax to give it a shine.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.