1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Funny rant from unrelated forum

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by GGardner, Nov 23, 2020.

1. GGardner

GGardner Friend of Leo's

This is kind of amusing. I was looking for ways to hide my garage door wires. I assumed it must be a common issue. Google took me to a forum where a guy asked the same question. Here’s one of the responses:

Am I off base to ask - Is your life sooo perfect, that just neatly stapled surface mounted wire is not sufficient???

Aren't there other things in your garage that would give a "bang for the buck" a better return on time and attention ?

Theres people living near the Ganges getting their drinking water with dead human bodies floating by.

Be thankful for what you have, and if you want something to worry about, go get a colonoscopy.

I tell you, even though the above sounds quite rude, I have gotten to the point in my life where I am thankful, and have learned not to sweat the small stuff.

My 2 cents worth. Lars

https://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=288930

bcorig, Tonetele, Martian and 12 others like this.
  2. Allan Allan

Allan Allan Tele-Holic

Sounds like he's pretty worried about his colonoscopy results.

Kloun, Gene Machine, Bill B and 10 others like this.
  3. aeyeq

aeyeq Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

What type of staples were used?

Bill B, Oldsmobum, Rowdyman and 5 others like this.
  4. Torren61

Torren61 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

If you just lost your arm in a farm combine accident, someone could always say "Dude, this isn't a big deal to be worried about. There are people in war zones right now who are getting bombed." That kind of reasoning about comparing your problems to someone else's misfortune is a fallacy argument.

5. boneyguy

boneyguy Doctor of Teleocity

Such is the world we live in....lol. A guy gets unnecessarily slammed for his 'first world problem'. There's so much wrong with the bizarre response it's hard to list it all. A guy simply wants a tidy looking garage (horror!!) and somehow it's an affront to people and situations he has no control over nor responsibility for creating. Maybe the garage guy donates half his income to charitable organizations who help desperate situations around the world...would that buy him permission to want a tidy garage? It's ridiculous.

bcorig, Rowdyman, Intubator and 4 others like this.
  6. P-Nutz

P-Nutz Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

You had me at "garage forum" ...

7. USian Pie

USian Pie Tele-Meister

Apparently there is a garage lifestyle?

8. telleutelleme

telleutelleme Telefied Silver Supporter

Wow not sending any pictures of mine into Home and Garage anytime soon.

StevesBoogie, SRHmusic and GGardner like this.
  9. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Ha that’s great! My father is a member of that forum I’ll have to tell him about that one

GGardner and El Tele Lobo like this.
  10. Fretting out

Fretting out Poster Extraordinaire

Oh there’s something out there for everyone

GGardner and P-Nutz like this.
  11. Whatizitman

Whatizitman Friend of Leo's

My garage door remote died, and needs replacement. Over the weekend I did some googling, and found out that I have to get an opener that is compatible with a green learner button. Not red. Not yellow. Green.

Apart from model years, I can't think of any conceivable reason why a color should decide how a garage remote learns.

I'm really, really, really glad I didn't join a garage forum to ask about it, because I really, really, really don't care how or why a garage door opener opens garage doors. I just need a new remote. Nothing more.

I'm sticking to guitar forums where I can talk about the silliness of garage forums with like minded folks. For everything else, there's Google. Thank you very much.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  12. BigBillow

BigBillow Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Lol, what the heck! What else you gonna talk about on a garage forum? Did someone leave a flaming bag outside Lars’ garage and ring the bell or something?

faulp, StevesBoogie, GGardner and 2 others like this.
  13. raito

raito Poster Extraordinaire

Directional.

SRHmusic, aeyeq and GGardner like this.
  14. Piggy Stu

Piggy Stu Friend of Leo's

Maybe the guy talking about colonoscopy was misposting under anaesthetic, and 'garage door' is his slang term for his 'tradesman's entrance'. Maybe he is trying to speak to some support group for people who cannot get the smile off their face post check up

15. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

he sounds like a cheerful chap...right bundle of fun to sup ale with....bet hes not drinking from the ganges either...full of tomtit those kind of people..self righteous do gooders with the sense of humour and common sense of a grain weevil and the personality of a wasp with a migraine at your picnic...i hope you told him where to stick his highminded principles
    you only asked a simple question!
    bloody pillock....i know where he needs to go for a swim...it somewhere in india...and i doubt if he even knows where that is
    he might have a Viking name but thats it....what a Merchant Banker...an insult to his ancestors...no Valhalla for Lars...ive warned Odin to keep a lookout incase a pillock with Ganges Dysentry shows up asking to be let in

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
    Martian, ClashCityTele and GGardner like this.
  16. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Silver Supporter

And how many coal fired power plants are required to power everyone's garage door openers?

Wallo Tweed, GGardner and Wulf like this.
  17. Wildeman

Wildeman Tele-Meister

The nerve of him, its an outrage, some people's garage door opener (me) doesn't even work.

GGardner likes this.
  18. stxrus

stxrus Poster Extraordinaire

I don’t have a garage much less a garage door opener

aging_rocker, GGardner and Wulf like this.
  19. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

...I ain't even got a garage, you can call home and ask my wife! (CDB)

loco gringo, Thinliner, elihu and 6 others like this.
  20. Wulf

Wulf Tele-Afflicted

havent a garage either...or a car to put in one should i have one at the mo...better things for money to do than pay just to keep a car parked on street...still got to tax it insure it and make sure its got an up to date test cert....wheres point in that if you cant go anywhere
    used to get a lot of little sneaky cash in hand and say nowt jobs making sets of wires up for garage doors at work though...good lil earner that was
    guvnor wondered why we were going through so much 3mm wire rope and so many ferrules and thimble eyes....he found out...said oh...i see....thats why...hmmm..then just turned a blind eye to it

GGardner likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.