Funny Band Names

hannigan

Friend of Leo's
Band names are fun , last year a book was published called the band name book.
Noel Hudson compiled it, I was honored that he included my group (weapon Shop)
It is full of fun names like Hard Broccoli , Deep Banana Blackout, Big thumb Bowlers,
and many more as well as some better known Bands.
I also have an imaginary stoner band I imagine I play in called the Towlies.

KCKC

Tele-Afflicted
When I was late teens early 20's

Kev Morbid and the Velvet Coffins
Brian Damage and the Surgeons
Bed by 10:00
Friends of Lenny

Funny, in each band we knew we were going to "make-it"!!:lol:

KC

Worn

Tele-Holic
There was a band at my High School: "Spread Eagle and the Flying Rats"

tuuur

Friend of Leo's
In my hometown we had a freestyle improv rock jazz collective called De IQ-loze mietjes (rough translation: The IQ-less sissies).
Nowadays I play drums in a band called "Atilla the Hun and the Quality Butchers".

Jack S

Friend of Leo's
One of my early bands had a great name, the Stains, and I tried to get them to go for D. Cade Carrion and the Remains

tap4154

Doctor of Teleocity
A caller to a radio computer show today (Leo Laporte) was pushing his band's gig in Austin.... "The Disgusters". He was calling to find out how to air his bar gig live on the internet via laptop.

Jerolin

Tele-Holic
I was in a band called "Pink Lemonade" when I was 14. Awful name, awful music.

I was in a blues-rock band a year ago for a while called "The Prodigious Criminals". Always hated the name, but I was desperate for a band, and it was a solid lineup. We sounded good.

The Prodigious Criminals evolved into The Virtuous Criminals, and then when the guy left the lineup (who was the only one among us who ever liked the name in the first place), we changed it to "The Black Bayou Rhythm".

I suppose Black Bayou Rhythm isn't great, but it's the name of the bayou where me and my bandmates all grew up around. Literally. We all live within a 1/4 mile of it. I live about 100 yards from it. So at least it holds meaning.

Dan German

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
KC, I took one look at that list and the first thing I saw was The Legendary 4-Nikators. I remember them from my days in Denver. It always cracked me up that the newspapers would only list their gigs under the name Legendary Nikators. Yeesh!

EDIT: I joined a couple of buddies for a casual make-music-for-a-friend's-housewarming-party gig, and when we got there the guy (a United Church minister) asked one of them what the band's name was. Without consulting us, he told the good reverend "Ass Juice". We played his annual party a few more times, including an acoustic set called "Ass Juice Uncorked". There was a t-shirt made.