1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Funky Marshall 1960 cab? (Helps me pls)

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by bigmuff113, Jan 10, 2014.

1. bigmuff113

bigmuff113 Friend of Leo's

2. Lowbassnotes

Lowbassnotes Friend of Leo's

Might be an old 70's one, I don't know much except the old ones had checkerboard cloth similar to that. There's some people who know Marshall stuff real well on here though so somebody will be able to give you some info. You should contact the seller and get details about speakers in there though. I know I'd like to have a early Marshall cab, especially for a good price.

3. piece of ash

piece of ash Friend of Leo's

"1960" is the model number... not the year of manufacture.

4. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

An early 80's model 1960A (angled) 4x12 cab. Probably G12-75's since it is rated for 300 watts. A fair price but not my favorite Celestion speaker.

5. Lowbassnotes

What's the identifiers on that? When era did the mono style jack go to the 3 position and what is that cloth called? I could use a little education on this stuff myself thanks.

6. bigmuff113

bigmuff113 Friend of Leo's

Yeah I know that, this is a 1960a which is the slant model, the B is the straight cab. Was marshall even was making 412 cabs in 1960? Also, this could be a cheaper AVT cab or something

7. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Developed in 1962.

8. Lowbassnotes

Looking closely the badge appears to read 100 watts? Am I reading that right?

9. BobbyZ

BobbyZ Doctor of Teleocity

Is that just faded checker board grill cloth? If so that's 70s stuff. (or reissiue)

Tell you what for $350 I'd be interested I have a 74 1987 that's been sitting on an old Hiwatt cab for years. Sounds great but if I could grab a real Marshall cab for $350 I think I would.

10. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

The second photo is more in focus and it shows 300 watts.

Attached Files:

11. gridlock

gridlock Poster Extraordinaire

I own a. 1981 Marshall JCM800 1936 (model) number that has the same round plug and similar label on the back. The grill cloth was probably black originally and faded that nice brown color. A lot of the old JCM800 1960 cabs faded that way. It's really hard to date a cab unless the original speakers are intact and then you check s/n's etc on the speakers to see when they were made. I always take the back cover off and check speakers when buying a used cab.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.