1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Funk-Master-Gereal’s birthday!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Festofish, Apr 8, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

0D9757E7-7E9F-4DA1-8200-4755E2C21C41.jpeg I never paid attention to bass as I wanted to be EVH. In my twenties I verged into bass that ended with me me rehearsing and playing hundreds of church services. I started with my buddies in a band. So I had to look to some folks for guidance as I never really paid attention. It opened my world up so much and this dude along with Gene Simmons, Dennis Dunaway(A. Cooper early) were my foundation. Seeing Geezer live from the side of stage(2nd floor seating) blew me away and I’m sure Michael Anthony helped as well. Anyway I don’t think Mel or his band get near enough attention. Din and Mel are Seaver’s backing band. Check this out if you’re unfamiliar. 1972!!

Fendereedo likes this.
  2. Festofish

Festofish Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Nobody?

Fendereedo likes this.
  3. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Thanks for sharing. I'm a better bassist than I am guitar player. My heroes would be John Entwistle, Paul Simenon, Norman Watt-Roy to name a few. I'm not familiar Mel Schacher, or Grand Funk Railroad, so it's a nice surprise, as the playing is excellent.

Festofish likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.