Funk attempt

bullfrogblues

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
@Mjark , while I'm asking questions all over today, could you relate your recording technique?
That guitar sounds huge!
I'm still experimenting with all my recordings and don't particularly care for most of my tones.
Thanks!

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
I've been using a Spark Positive Grid amp for the last year. I don't use the way it was intended because I don't have enough USB ports. I go out from the headphone jack into R/L inputs on a Behringer UMC202 HD then into Cakewalk. Mic's and amplifiers are way too much trouble these days unless I'm paying someone else to do it. There's some post reverb added. I never use reverb when I play live but almost always have to have it when doing these.

bullfrogblues

Poster Extraordinaire
Silver Supporter
I've never tried one of those amps. I use my Flyrig RK5 a lot. I'm also experimenting micing my Kane Overdrive with some decent results, Senn E609 into Garageband. Done a few tracks with my Bogner Shiva.
Your guitar tones always sound great!

Flip G

Tele-Holic
How can you be so white and be so funky?!?

stevemartinapril22.jpg

guitarsophist

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
@Mjark - For some reason, when you quote someone, I see the quote, but I don't see any comments from you. It seems to me that you are probably trying to tell us something. That has happened with all of your quotes in this thread. Perhaps you are being very Zen. What is the sound of one hand quoting, and all that.

Mjark

Doctor of Teleocity
Silver Supporter
@Mjark - For some reason, when you quote someone, I see the quote, but I don't see any comments from you. It seems to me that you are probably trying to tell us something. That has happened with all of your quotes in this thread. Perhaps you are being very Zen. What is the sound of one hand quoting, and all that.
Odd I can see what I wrote. Can you see this?