Fun with a Squier Bass VI and a AB165 1968 Bassman setup -

Patton

Tele-Meister
I got the head years ago (2012 or so) and inherited the 2-12 cabinet (both are date coded April 1968) when my dad died a couple years ago. The cabinet is way too bassy to play guitar through, but it sounded good with a bass (who woulda' thought!). So, a few weeks ago I dug my 2013 Squire Bass VI out and plugged it in.

I think this is the sound I should have had when I was playing out back in the 80's!! This setup does the bass well and when I play chords it works too. Now I should say I got "Paul McCartney'd" into playing bass (my brother was a better guitar player, and we had a three-piece band) but I enjoyed the bottom end with our extremely good drummer back then. I just think I could have gotten way more out of this setup than I did with the Jazz Bass and early 80's Bassman Compact I had back then. Here's the pic.

Bass VI.jpg

I posted this in the bass forum so if I must be flamed for not being a 100% bass guy, I'm cool. Just wanted to see if anybody ever tried a Bass VI into a 60's Bassman.

Masmus

Tele-Afflicted
The bass VI has been used by everyone from the Beatles, Glen Campbell, The Eagles and the Wrecking Crew just to name a few. You are in good company.