1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fun explanation of VH “Unchained” pre-chorus riff

Discussion in 'Tab, Tips, Theory and Technique' started by mexicanyella, Nov 8, 2020.

1. mexicanyella

mexicanyella Friend of Leo's

I always got thrown by the timing of this, just listening to it. But thought it sounded cool anyway. This guy does a pretty good job explaining it, I think.

notroHnhoJ, AAT65 and whoanelly15 like this.
  2. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Afflicted

That was cool. Good teaching video and one of my favorite songs. I grew up with those tunes with my guitarist brother back when I was more of the drummer. We still jam that one occasionally. The rhythm I’d time signatures never seemed weird to me. Maybe because these songs are in my DNA.

Also worth noting that because of EVH’s iconic career and status in the music world, Alex seems to be often overlooked. This will sound like hyperbole - it isn’t to me, but I think he’s the greatest drummer to ever walk.

3. notroHnhoJ

notroHnhoJ Tele-Meister

As paradigm shifting as Eddie was, Alex proves the old adage that a band is only as good as the drummer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.