Fulltone pedals an I'm happy

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by playforfun, Oct 7, 2013.

1. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

This may seem like over kill but I recently purchased a GT 500 to replace my boost into distortion pedal set up. I found several useable settings. Then I found a fulltone full drive 2 MOSFET for a reasonable price so I bought it too. Last night at rehearsal I finally got to use these pedals with the band an couldn't be happier. I was able to get tones I've only dreamed of in the past. I'm not the lead player but do get to play a few fills from time to time. I received compliments on the sounds I was getting an was told by a much better player than me that I played the best lead break of the night. It wasn't anything I did different just the pedals. So after saying all this if you find one of these pedals or both somewhere cheap check them out. If they can make me sound better just think what they may do for a good player. Or maybe I got lucky an finally set a pedal right.

2. 65 Champ Amp

65 Champ Amp Tele-Afflicted

Last time I checked, pedals do not play themselves. You are the musician, they are just tools to help you out. The guy was complimenting you on your playing. Let that sink in instead of putting youself down.

But yeah...when you are happy with the sound coming from your gear it does help!

3. csbluesman

csbluesman Tele-Meister

There is nothing like good gear to bring out your natural talent. Congratulations. I too have a Fulldrive 2 and it's a great sounding pedal and incredibly versatile.

4. TeleMark85

TeleMark85 Tele-Meister

+1 on this. We're always our own worst critics but you probably sound a lot better than you think. Never put yourself down. Better players don't always judge your playing just cause they're better than you.
    If you play for the song and not for yourself you'll be on the right direction wether you have great gear or not!

5. playforfun

playforfun Tele-Holic

Thanks for the comments. Wasn't really trying to put down my playing just had a good night an everybody had fun.

6. lefty73

lefty73 Tele-Afflicted

I wound up taking the GT-500 off my board, but what it did do for me while it was on there (for about a solid two years) was make me appreciate exactly what you're paying for when you buy pedals with wider ranges of control. The EQ section on the GT-500 is to die for (I eventually fell out of the love with the "mushiness" of the distortion) and having that degree of control allowed me to fine tune my sound and concentrate on playing the instrument, not focused on making the instrument sound good.

Right on, to you! Glad you had a great night care of your pedals raising the Awesome Bar.

7. whiteop

whiteop Tele-Afflicted

Agreed. It's probably one of the best overdrives on the market and believe me I've literally tried hundreds. If Mike want to make a killing he'd just have to put it into a little smaller footprint and make the boost capable of operating independently or with the overdrive. He'd be able to retire in a year.

8. twangking

twangking Tele-Afflicted

Fulldrive 2 is a fine pedal.

9. NiceTele

NiceTele Tele-Afflicted

Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet with the JHS boost mod makes it a great pedal. Splits the boost and overdrive sections

10. artdecade

artdecade Poster Extraordinaire

I wouldn't let JHS within a country mile of a Fulltone.

11. FistFullOfSteel

FistFullOfSteel TDPRI Member

+1. The FD MOSFET II is one of my top two favorite pedals.......the other being the Fulltone Catalyst..........

No matter what amp I run them through (AC4, AC15, Blues Jr III Gold Rush, '59 Bassman LTD RI), they ROCK.....

Money well invested

"Music is my Religion" ~ Jimi Hendrix

12. telerocker1988

telerocker1988 Tele-Afflicted

Fulltone makes good stuff and have been around a long time. I like the OCD probably more than the PlimSoul or Fulldrive but I have them too. Great pedals.

13. markxander

markxander Tele-Holic

Have always loved Fulltone pedals. Mike's prickly to deal with (to a fault, IMO), but the stuff lasts forever and it's always a steal when you buy it used.

I've had 5 or 6 Fulldrives, 2 Supa Trems, 3 Fat Boosts, a Choralflange, and now my 4th OCD is on its way to me--I've never had more than one of each at a time, I just keep flipping them to try new stuff and finding my way back to old faithful.

14. MASONish

MASONish Tele-Holic

Going to try a FD3. Sounds like this is going to take the past & present goodness of the FD into a total package.

15. FMA

FMA Poster Extraordinaire

Now, all you need to do is get your hands on an OCD.

16. themandolinguy

themandolinguy Tele-Meister

That sounds awfully familiar...:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.