Fulltone Discount and Mike Personally Working on and Signing Each Pedal

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by The-Kid, Mar 29, 2020.

1. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

Been looking at getting a new OCD as there has been a new update to the V2 and well they are also offering a discount when you buy direct.

Orders will take some time though as its just him working the factory.

Also regarding the mod on the OCD its brand new just done last week.

If you buy directly from Mike hes giving a discount as said. Code: STIMULUS.

This is an opportunity at getting an OCD, De Ja Vibe, Clyde Deluxe, Mas Malo, Ranger or even the Tape Delay straight from Mike himself signed at no extra cost and personally tested and hand soldered by him with a discount :)

If you buy directly through him hes signing all the pedals hes working on personally as all his employees are sent home as a result of the state mandate in California.

Admirable work ethic and dedicated to the customers always. As much flak as he gets dude seems pretty good by me.

Just ordered an OCD V2.1 with the latest update. May get a FullDrive 3 to replace my old TS9 tommorow as well :)

2. David C

David C TDPRI Member

I bought a Deja-Vibe from him earlier this year and absolutely love the sound. It is my most interesting pedal. If you love the Hendrix sound, I would recommend you give the Deja-Vibe a try.

BorderRadio and The-Kid like this.
  3. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

Also regarding his new Vibes.....

[​IMG]
    'vibe talk

I'm getting a LOT of emails from people astounded by the CS-MDV mkII and the CS-MDV3 v2. There's a reason that Fulltone 'vibes made within the last couple of years are the best we've ever made...photocells!
    Every couple of years these photocell companies go out of business or switch factories, and I have to start all over again, sending precious original Univibe photocells out and having them analyzed and copied, going back and forth endlessly. Then they sample and it's PERFECT! Ok, lets order 20,000! They arrive nothing like what they sampled...this is how it goes every 5 years or so. A couple of years ago I found a company selling a few different models, I bought a few samples and they were DEEP, unbelievable! I said "Just make the "bright resistance 10k lower" and viola! You have the heart and soul of both the Fulltone CS-MDV pedals. Below is an email received today:

Submitted on Saturday, March 28, 2020 - 21:37

"I have tried so long to get this sound! I've been through a bunch of vibes Dano Chicken Salad, Moen Shaky Jimi,original white Fulltone Mini Deja-Vibe (which after saving for a while, I bought it when first released and was EXTREMELY disappointed at lack of depth), Lovepedal 4 and 5 knob Vibronaughts, Digitech Ventura, Hardwire Rotary/Vibe, Earthquaker Devices The Depths, etc. and, most recently, about a year using the Drybell Vibe Machine V2. I gave up, and for the last 2 years have been vibeless. You sale, direct from you folks convinced me to give you another try and man I'm glad I did. This is it, the tone I've spent the last 43 years looking for (I'm 59).
    It's got the depth and fullness of sound, the swirling, hypnotic feel and just the lush presence I wanted. The Drybell was a very good pedal but I grew up with Trower on vinyl and nothing has been quite in the same ballpark till now with the MDV-3 and I thank you very much.
    I was also quite pleased that in buying from you store direct, Mr, Fuller took the time to autograph my pedal, that is so cool!
    Next I hope to try your new Ranger pedal and I will buy direct!"

Get yours now using the extra discount code STIMULUS and put it next to ANY vibe, yes, even those overly expensive giant ones with a lot of empty space in them. Send it back if not blown away!

[​IMG]

fasteddie455 and Deathray like this.
  4. beyer160

beyer160 Friend of Leo's

Every fuzz is different, but Fulltone's '69 and '70 fuzzes are some of the best you'll find anywhere.

5. vonasemj

vonasemj Tele-Meister

Looks like a 15% discount. I’ve always liked what over heard of the Deja Vibe. Might have to think about one.

The-Kid likes this.
  6. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

I don’t see anything on the website about a v2.1 OCD, or discounted prices. Share a link, please?

The-Kid likes this.
  7. Chief101

Chief101 Tele-Meister

8. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

This is a new update. I got an email from Mike. Multiple ones as of last week showing the same and describing the situation.

I then notice where the OCD GE and Regular say "if you buy this it will the latest one with less compressed tone.....

Okay it's the V2.....it has to be in reference to the older V1.7 and V 1.8...I email him and he says it's a mod to the first run V2s....he we it here I the latest emAil I got. Did my take a look till yesterday.

So I email him in the mornin 5 am......emails back within an hour....and let's me know it's the latest update just done last week.

Also the code I posted is from the email.

Since he was force to do to from 1.8 to V2 because Rohs it ended up being more compressed and trying one out darker too and the reason I didn't get a first run to be honest because I felt something was up and it took away from the original. Wanted to love it but it was just too different. He heard feedback from customers and did an update to make up for the compression and darkness as a result of the Rohs change.

I'm hoping this one is the charm and take me back to 1.7\1.8 with more open tone and solid bass.

Haven't tried yet but that's the target.

Code:Stimulus

What's with the "new" OCDv2 and CS-OCD-Ge? The OCD is cool circuit because it clips to V-ref instead of ground....that’s the half-way point to ground, 4.5 volts to be exact...and is part of the reason that OCDs emulate the "sag" of a tube amp. A few years back ROHS laws started mandating that power supplies change to the noisy “switching type." Because of this, we had to increase the size of the filtering (electrolytic) cap for the “V-ref" section of the pedal's power supply, and there were some sonic repercussions. These larger caps allowed more LOW frequencies to swamp the clipping section of the circuit...taking away some of the articulation that many people loved about the v1 versions of the OCD...they became more "compressed sounding." A few weeks ago I was messing around and found a way to isolate the clipping via a smaller separate pair of caps and boom, I now could tune the amount off bass that passes by the clipping section without triggering it. Very...very cool. A Simple mod. All OCDs (bought direct from us) now ship with this mod, do yourself a favor and try a new one, and post a side-by-side video with any v1 you care to put it next to.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
  9. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

The new are being made with a fresh stock of photocells.

He had to refuse use of a bunch of them to weed out the bad ones and make the perfect ones.

These new ones should be as good as his very first ones if not better.

10. 50ShadesofOrange

50ShadesofOrange Tele-Meister

I’m in. Just pulled the trigger on one.

Deathray and The-Kid like this.
  11. D_Malone

D_Malone Tele-Meister

I had an older OCD for a while and liked it quite a bit. I’m really tempted by this offer.

The DejaVibe is killer too. Had one of those too. Really wish I hadn’t sold it.

The-Kid likes this.
  12. Axegrinder77

Axegrinder77 Tele-Holic

Interesting. I had a v2 OCD and sold it. Liked it for many reasons, but eventually decided it was too dark and compressed. Cool to know that the top dog himself hears what I heard.

Interested in one of these v2.1, and signed is kinda cool.

The-Kid likes this.
  13. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

Yeah trust me too. I had one and loved it until it was stolen lol

I was ganna hold back as I didnt like V2 first runs..but seeing as its an update addressing the very issue I felt was at fault with first runs too compressed/darker etc.

Just bought it not even trying. Dude just updated it last week.

Then the new Deja Vibe stock he made with the fresh and new PhotoCells.

D_Malone likes this.
  14. ping-ping-clicka

ping-ping-clicka Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

thank you, though I'm not in the market now, I used your tip and that's good looking out, to mope around the fulltone shop and the blem-section.
    I am beginning to enjoy reading/ listening to about the construction and variations on pedal design, and history . The who used it , when and why, fearing not becoming a gear nerd / pedal geek. the history of Rock and roll is seeming much more than who stuffed their spandex with what and the pharmaceutical preferences. Fascinating. simple fascinating.

skull madana.jpg

15. FenderLover

FenderLover Poster Extraordinaire

I like the looks of that new Deja. I was wondering when he would go away from the foot treadle version, and just add a jack for an expression pedal. Cool!

Mine is the very early version with stereo outputs. I can't really give that up. I would appreciate that smaller footprint. Hopefully he can come up with CS MDV MKII Stereo.

16. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

I have several Fulltone pedals, including a Deja Vibe in a way package, tow different Fulldrives and a couple, three ODDs. I leave others as well.

What do I get with Mike’s signature over what I have?

17. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

Nothing I agree. But its something cool hes offering in hard times. Not just money wise but really kind hearted and well people may say hes doing it for money or this and that and you know what he may be a punk on some level and he has that side of him.....

But me personally I think its cool, were all going through this Corona thing and well Mike could very well have said to people who have late orders as a result of this "you know what, sorry guys your ganna have to wait 3 months cuz the factory is slowed down and the employees are sent home due to Corona, sorry"

But he didnt, he kept on making pedals at the helm of the ship.

Hes working on the orders and has finished just about all the ones that were backed up....and hes continuing to work to make some of us happy in these hard times and making these pedals himself by hand and testing them out personally like back in the old days.

I dont know about you but after 3 weeks of this being locked up.......I miss life....I miss my boss...even though hes as bad or worse than Mike Fuller.......I miss my stupid co workers......I miss it...

And Mike Probly does too and this is probably a way to cope with this crap in a factory that used to be full of employees....m

Im getting the OCD v2.1 because it seems to be a solution to what I found to be an issue in the transition between 1.7/1.8 to V2

But aside I admire the dedication and hard work for people like me and find comfort in some signs of normalcy in having something that seemed as simple as ordering a pedal a week ago......I think its cool hes making them in that sense and bringing some happiness to people wether he knows it or not.

I do love the fact hes personally testing and signing each one before they get sent. I know that doesnt make it better....but its a nice touch no doubt and I for one appreciate something normal....that isnt so normal anymore unfortunately......in these trying times....making pedals in empty factory trying to cope....bringing some sort of wonder and happiness into the world out of a tin can box and solder work for others trying to cope :)

Last edited: Mar 30, 2020
    50ShadesofOrange likes this.
  18. The-Kid

The-Kid Tele-Meister

Also keep in mind guys this is a 15% discount.

Other places are offering lower discounts but non are offering the new OCD regular and GE V2s with the new mods and non are offering the new Dejas with the fresh batch of Photocells and well non are offering pedals personally made, tested, played and signed by the President of the company himself working like a regular employee

Not just OCD or Deja Vibes....but anything you order :)

19. 50ShadesofOrange

50ShadesofOrange Tele-Meister

I was multitasking, playing some card game with my 5-year-old, while placing my order last night.

I missed entering the promo code until after the PayPal went through.

I sent an email to their sales site asking for a do-over, and they responded this morning to tell me they’d apply it when my order hits the front of the queue.

I’m feeling really good about supporting a company like that.

The-Kid likes this.
  20. BorderRadio

BorderRadio Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

I'm grabbing a Deja Vibe, but anybody know when this sale ends?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.