1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Full Moon Tele Dance

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by KennyWTelejazz, Oct 31, 2020.

1. KennyWTelejazz

KennyWTelejazz Tele-Meister

Hi all ,

Full Moon Tele Dance is one of my tunes that I've been working on .

At this point it is still a work in progress . I hope you enjoy what I have done so far ,

Kenny

2. Alan L Cole

Alan L Cole Tele-Afflicted

Oh yeah, that's really sweet Kenny. Love the tone and the jazzy riffin' is beautiful. Nice mix too! Looking forward to hearing the completed track.

KennyWTelejazz likes this.
  3. Mjark

Mjark Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

This is the day to share it! Pretty.

4. KennyWTelejazz

Hi Alan ! thank you for taking the time to listen . I appreciate the words of kindness you have said on my playing and mix .

Hi Mjark! , Last night I was racking my brain trying to figure out what to name this song ..I had been calling it C Minor Pentatonic Vamp ...
    After looking out my window last night and seeing the size of the Moon I decided to call the song what it is currently called ...
    Thank you for the listen and having a kind word

all the best,

Kenny

5. fendrguitplayr

fendrguitplayr Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Great playing and tone throughout. Well done!

6. decker

decker Tele-Afflicted

Nice one Kenny.

7. chulaivet1966

chulaivet1966 Tele-Afflicted

That's some damn fine playing and I'll echo all other complimentary comments.
    Good luck fleshing out this WIP.

Question....not a criticism:
    I don't know if jazz traditionally does this but are you going to incorporate a repeatable 2 or 4 bar (example only) motif/riff that you revisit a few times during the composition.
    When I hear instrumental compositions I tend to look for that aspect. :)
    I certainly don't have the chops to write instrumentals.....I'd suck at it.

Good stuff Kenny...keep up the good work.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  8. KennyWTelejazz

Hi Mike , thank you for what you said it is much appreciated .

Thank You decker!
    Good Luck fleshing this one out huh ? You got that right ...LOL

I'm glad you enjoyed my guitar playing. it means a lot too me .

OK you bring up a valid and interesting point with your statement / question .
    I don't have a problem with you bringing it up as long as you don't have a problem with my answer .

For me personally , I tend to play those melodic 2 , 3 or 4 bar phrases when I play Blues , Rock and tunes with much less activity with the songs chord changes ...
    I consider that approach to be a very natural part of story telling when I am doing a guitar solo

.... I do get your point ...
    Yet, I'm here to do my own thing .

When I play in the Jazz Genre , I like to fly by the seat of my pants .It's just the way it is for me .

Thank you for listening and commenting .

all the best ,

Kenny

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
    chulaivet1966 and fendrguitplayr like this.
  9. chulaivet1966

Ha....
    1) of course not....we're all adults here.

2) I'm just a song writing bottom feeder doing my own thing here too enjoying the interaction with those of like mind.
    None of us have to meet any outside expectations.

3) I have much respect for those (like yourself) that know the fret board so well and have the dexterity, musicianship that goes along with it.
    (did I mention "I would suck at it")
    I have played leads of some of my originals but I don't feel I'm any good at it and would rather have someone far more accomplished than myself do those tracks....I'm just a rhythm player/song writer.

I remember you from the old Cakewalk forums.

Thanks for responding.

Keep up the good work and have a great day everyone.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2020
  10. KennyWTelejazz

Thanks once again for your comments ...I'm still w Cakewalk + a few other DAW's

all the best,

Kenny

11. chulaivet1966

Me too....

I have X3 Producer and never felt the need to dig into a different one.
    Currently working on a new one called "Roadman"....now, it's time for vocals....the big recording challenge for me. :)

Have a good one....

12. KennyWTelejazz

I stayed w SONAR 6 PE until about 7 years ago ...
    I got back on the upgrade path when X3 PE came out ....Then I went to SPlat lifetime ....SPlat was good but honestly CakeWalk has come miles ahead in functionality and reliability ever since SONAR SPlat became Cakewalk By BandLab ....the fact that it is now free is mind blowing
    The new owners of Cakewalk have taken the handcuffs off the developers and given them the ability to develop the program and implement some really cool new cutting edge features . The program has shifted to appealing to song writers with the implementation a song arranger type thing like Studio One has ...There's a lot more stuff like ripple editing , much more advanced midi routing where you can send the output of a soft synth as audio to a different track to record the synth as audio ...if you enable the synth midi out you can record the midi of the synth on the softsynths track and send a separate output from the synth to a Midi track to record the performance as midi only ...a lot of new deep stuff
    IMHO CakeWalk By BandLab currently runs rings around what I had with X3 PE and SPlat ...But hey , If your comfortable with X 3 PE I can understand that ...
    Having to pay dues climbing a new learning curve is not for every one ...I chip away at it
    Even though I haven't learned all the newest features I love where CakeWalk By BandLab is now and I would not want to have to go back to SPlat or X3...my 02 centavos

anyway good luck on your tune ..wishing you all the best ,

Kenny

chulaivet1966 likes this.
  13. chulaivet1966

I hear you Kenny....

Even though I've been with Cakewalk a long time, bought all upgrades and comfortable with it I'm still nothing close to a power user.
    I'm just a pragmatic song writer and if a track sucks....well....I re-record until it doesn't suck (so much).

I was not enamored with the Platinum/on-line subscription thing so I stuck with X3PE.
    I do have Bandlab Cakewalk on this laptop for the obvious reasons.

Thanks Kenny....and best to you with your music endeavors.
    At 73....it's still creative therapy for this old bird. :)

Back to topic....

14. udoering

udoering Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

As you know, I am not in the position to bring up a qualified statement concerning jazz music; I just can say that I like it. But a word to the mix: with my monitors, some notes seem a little low while others have the right amount of volume; maybe use a compressor or, if already used, use other settings?

15. KennyWTelejazz

Hi Ullrich ,

I'm very happy you decided to give Full M. T. Dance a listen .I certainly appreciate your comment and honest feedback .

I had a nagging feeling that there were many things about my guitar part and recording that needed some Love and TLC ...

I do a lot of my Music late at night and most of the time I have to keep my volume low while doing music to keep the peace and keep a roof over my head .
    Getting the guitar part to sit right in my mix was giving my tune a problem as you had mentioned .

As per your critique I decided to roll up my sleeves and take action . I remixed the whole song . I cleaned up a lot of the guitar hum on the track since my lead part was done live w an amp ...I gotta Love a Tele neck Pick up , Tele neck pickups don't care if they know the words or the Melody of a song they will just want to hum along anyway ....

...Also I dialed up my guitar playing on this song to be very upfront ( not hiding like it was before )

I put up a new mix of the song , it can be found using the songs original S C link in the opening post in this thread .

When you get a chance give it a listen ...I hope I got it right this time ...

I'm glad to hear you have CakeWalk By BandLab on a lap top chulaivet1966....

Best to you with your music endeavors.

Kenny

chulaivet1966 likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.