1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Full Circle?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by boogaloo, Jan 15, 2021.

1. boogaloo

boogaloo Tele-Afflicted

For the past 5-6 years I've been telling folks "I was a Tele guy forever. I liked Les Paul's, IF someone else were playing them..." Then a local shop owner put a LP in my hands and showed me how to dial it in. That was about 5-6 years ago. I became a LP guy.

But you always remember your first love, yes? A few weeks ago I sold a guitar that was of great build quality, popular manufacturer but I just couldn't bond with it. It sold in less than a day on Reverb.

While looking for a semi-hollow electric, I kept running into Teles. Started some conversations with Tele owners that had guitars for sale and ended up buying a 2020 American Performer, SS in satin blue. Local pick up. Stock- was listed as mint condition; still had all the plastic on the pickguard and the neck pickup, all paperwork) but on inspection it was discovered there was a small dent with parallel finish cracks north of the input jack. Not too close to the jack/cup but enough that this fair-minded gentleman / seller ended up selling it to me for $725.00. Pristine sans the aforementioned shallow dent / finish cracks.

I'm in love with Teles again. I guess I shoulda known it was bound to happen. It's taking it's place right next to my Gibson LP, Fender American Strat (2013 LE, MJT paint, Shawbucker HH replacement guard / pups).

This is not the nicest Tele I've ever owned cosmetically, but theres something about it. Can't seem to put it down.

I feel...complete...LOL.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. Got an upgraded case coming for it; installed an Electrosocket jack cup (just because) and will eventually break out the StewMac fret end file and do a little smoothing out on the ends (plays well and doesn't need it, but it will feel more refined or whatever.

Brian

Stubee, Blister, uriah1 and 4 others like this.
  2. scooteraz

scooteraz Friend of Leo's

‘Bout time you came back! It’s like deja vu all over again.

boogaloo and PhredE like this.
  3. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Good story. It's always fun to get a bargain on a killer guitar for a cosmetic imperfection that nobody (including you) will notice. If you play it enough, you'll mark it up anyway. I just went through the same thing in reverse, now I have three LPs.

boogaloo likes this.
  4. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

Off topic.....but just how many times have you been married? ;)
    Sounds like you make a choice, but then when another "sweet thang" comes along, you jump ship.
    This is why many of us have a "harem" of guitars. As much as I love Telecasters, there are times we all want a little "diversion".....and that's OK.
    It's STILL cheaper than an actual divorce and re-marriage.:):):)

boredguy6060 and boogaloo like this.
  5. boogaloo

boogaloo Tele-Afflicted

LOL- Thanks Bro...

Uh...3 times.

This last time is forever...30 years and counting. 1st time- I was tooo young and stooopid; 2nd time, she was tooo young and...loose LOL; 3rd time- we both got older, wiser and finally knew when we had a good thing (especially me...LOL).

But you make a point...

Brian

nojazzhere likes this.
  6. Fenderdad1950

Fenderdad1950 Tele-Afflicted

I wish we could all be so lucky.

7. blue metalflake

blue metalflake Doctor of Teleocity

Sounds like you’re back where you belong

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.