1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

FSR DELUXE VINTAGE PLAYER 67

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by nooca, Dec 28, 2005.

1. slack

slack Friend of Leo's

But, why do they call it 67? Shouldn't have a walnut skunk stripe, should be rosewood capped. The decal is wrong. The bridge is incorrect. Etc.

FSR = factory special run.

2. RichardL

RichardL Tele-Holic

Have you seen the FSR '57 Tele?

Same thing. Not even close to the specs for a 57 Tele. Black binding on a blonde body, 22 fret 9.5 radius neck, 6 saddle American Standard bridge, 8 hole single ply black guard (well in the picture its black but the FSR specs say white) , neck pickup attached to pickguard, etc.

[​IMG]

Click for here for a bigger picture.

3. garcia

garcia Tele-Holic

Does anyone else not like pickguard-mounted neck pickups? I may be overly picky, but I really prefer the traditional look of a body mounted pup.

4. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    garcia,
    Believe it or not, that was/is one of the minor things I didn't like about mine. I must hold my pick really goofy cause I kept hitting the pickup mounting screw on the bass side with my thumbnail when I was playing certain rhythm licks. I try not to strum so close to the neck pickup but I still ocassionaly hit that screw.... :rolleyes:

5. Ryan

Ryan Tele-Meister

Re: Thanks so much!

I just got one for Christmas, and it is extremely sexy. It looks amazing and plays just like a standard Tele, although it is a bit brighter because of the body.

6. Hollandcaster

Hollandcaster Tele-Holic

FSR Deluxe Player 62

Well the FSR Deluxe Player 62 is the only guitar I will ever need next to my other 2 Tele's, I told my wife :twisted:
    I just don't know how to get it in the Netherlands!

7. estrauman

estrauman TDPRI Member

FSR Deluxe Player "'57" Tele

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's a couple of shots of my "'57" Deluxe Player. It's pretty much identical to the '67 except for the blond ash body. I picked mine up at Wildwood Guitars in Louisville, CO over the Thanksgiving weekend. I'm not sure about the SCN pickups yet. The guitar is kind of like one of those puzzles in Highlight's magazine where you have to circle all the things that aren't correct -- less see, there's the rosewood board, and the guard mounted neck pickup -- you get the picture. It is a cool mix of new and vintage though.

8. yegbert

yegbert Poster Extraordinaire

I too prefer the look of the body mounted neck pickup. But the pickguard mount provides a way to adjust the pickup height with the neck and strings still on, given the design with a longer 22 fret fretboard and the pickguard not having been shortened from the standard length. They are also necessary on the '69 Thinline style Tele, its pickguard can't be easily removed for a different reason - the pickguard is larger and has the controls affixed to it.

My '05 Squier Standard Tele came with a 22-fret fretboard, a body mounted pickup and a standard length pickguard, so I was unable to adjust the neck pickup without removing the neck. I left the pickguard off for now, but I plan to cut a pickguard down to clear the longer fretboard, something like this one, which is supposedly from a Lite Ash Tele.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.