FSR BSB Reversed control plate club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by goldo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. stevene44

stevene44 TDPRI Member

New guy here, about to pull the trigger on a FSR BSB.
    Only thing I couldn't determine:
    Is the truss rod adjustment access on this sweetie at the headstock, or at the butt end of the neck?
    TIA
    -<stevene44>-

2. Summit

Summit Tele-Meister

Headstock.:D

3. Summit

Summit Tele-Meister

Oh... and we will need pics...:D

4. stevene44

stevene44 TDPRI Member

Thanks, and will do pics!

5. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm in!

Still on honeymoon 5 weeks in. I just got some D'addario light top/heavy bottom 10-52s (that someone here recommended), that I'll put on tomorrow. I'm using her for open "G" exploration and slide work. I got mine as a return at WW & BW for $100 off. The frets needed a little dressing is probably why it was returned. Only a couple light scratches on pickguard per their ad. Since I bought it, I've read here somewhere about someone else have the bridge pick up hole showing from under the bridge plate. Sure enough, if I look close enough I can see mine. Apparently, it has been dubbed, "the butt crack". I always thought the GC specials were probably slightly lower quality. I found that true with GC special Gibson Les Paul studios (which BTW were way worse than my tele). Nevertheless, for just a few bucks more than a Squier, I'm totally digging my first tele. The pups are hot and I really wanted the reverse control for swells. The neck and 2 piece body are stunning. :D:D:D:D:D

Attached Files:

• tele.jpg
      tele.jpg
      File size:
      21.6 KB
      Views:
  6. Summit

Summit Tele-Meister

Very nice! Welcome!:D

7. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Congrats on your new Tele! One note: the "butt crack" you speak of is common on plent of Teles, regardless of where they are made and when, so it's not a sign of a poor quality guitar. It's just a quirk that pops up on Tele's.

8. Obsessed

Thanks emisilly. It kind of bugged me, now that I see it. I kind of wanted that old vibe, so, somehow it seems to fit who I am anyway.

9. Ike286

Ike286 Tele-Holic

2-piece body

Hey guys, my fsr tele has a three piece body, for a while after i got it i couldnt even find the seem, since its perfect top and bottom, but i eventually found it on the sides. SO mine's a 3-piece, anyone else??? And dont worry about vintage mojo, many old fenders were 3's. Not realllllyyyy old but vintage at least.

10. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Mine is a 3 piece as well, but it is almost impossible to see the seams if you look on the top or back. On the sides you really, reallly have to look, but they are there. Pretty remakable that it all matches so well.

11. Obsessed

Update on 10 - 52s light top/heavy bottom

Over 5 weeks in: I threw on the D'Addarios' light/heavys, along with an extensive fret dressing job (had to wait to make sure it wasn't just a lack of humidity thing during shipping) and a little gloss buffing on the back of the neck and now I have a tele! I first put her back into standard tuning and whoa, it brought my MI audio Blues Pro w/fuzz alive on the EAD strings through a 6L6!!! Wicked stuff. Now, I finally "get" the tele thing. I stopped to listened to the O.D. sustain and the hair stood up on the back of my neck. I can't believe I waited to get a tele until my sixth guitar.
    Once I put her into Open G, what a sound! The neck is now as fast as my MIM Strat and all of my second thoughts are gone!
    I get it now. You are all waaaaay ahead of me. Thanks for all the help over the last few months!! :D

12. FrankMc

FrankMc Tele-Meister

My FSR is three piece and has the "butt crack", so did my 70's Tele.

13. Hayduke

Hayduke TDPRI Member

Just ordered my FSR BSB... waiting for it to ship. I can't wait! :D

14. Ike286

Ike286 Tele-Holic

Hey,
    I started thinking this week about saddles, and am wondering if anyone has tried the stewmac compensated saddles. the 15$ ones. My dad has them on his 52RI and they are nice, but i didnt know if there was different mojo to be had with the FSR BSB. ANYWAY... haha anyone try them, any thoughts???

15. RyCo1983

RyCo1983 Tele-Afflicted

I got the GC FSR BSB Tele last spring...still loving it...it has become my go to guitar!
    Haven't changed a thing about it...yet!
    Graphtech nut, string tree, and saddles going on it soon...and maybe some new Bill Lawrence pickups...but I'm totally digging the current tones it has!

16. PooTwang

PooTwang Tele-Meister

Got this one in 2011 added some No casters :D

Attached Files:

17. Maradona86

Maradona86 Tele-Meister

YESSSS!!!!!!!!!!1

pulled the trigger on one yesterday. Been wanting a BSB tele since high school (mid 90's). I never liked the u shaped neck and wished that Fender would have one that had a Modern C neck like my Am. St. HALLELUJAH! They did it! I can't wait to get it and run it through it's paces. Promise I'll post a response. Fingers crossed it makes the journey safely! ;)

18. shanghaitele

shanghaitele TDPRI Member

What kind of pickups this guitar have? Alnico or ceramics? Mine are ceramics, but according to the specs I have found online should be alnico...

19. Quake-caster

Quake-caster Tele-Meister

I always assumed my 2011 was ceramic, but I have not checked. The specs online aren't very good. The specs on mine said 3 ply pickguard and six saddle bridge. The picture was right, so I was pretty sure what to expect.

20. Obsessed

Is there an easy way to check if they are ceramic?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.