FSR BSB Reversed control plate club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by goldo, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Quake-caster

Quake-caster Tele-Meister

They do run out sometimes. When I ordered online, I got an e-mail the next day saying it would be back ordered for 6 weeks. Groan! It was worth the wait. Congrats on the sweet new BSB.

2. ferrass

ferrass TDPRI Member

I got one of these too! Just couldn't be happier, i've bought mine at GC in chicago but i saw one in a local store here in Portugal, i guess they did spread quite well overseas!
    Awsome guitar with great sound, just minor visual mods to make it look like a true vintage '52 tele:)
    Maybe in the future i'll exchange the pu's but for now it really does the job damn well! rock on!

3. basher

basher Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Just got mine today. I was in GC to buy a microphone, but I started looking at guitars, and this sexy beast called out to me, and I plugged it in and sat down to play, and 45 minutes later the spot on the wall where it had been hanging had been restocked with another guitar, so I figured that was a sign.

What a little monster of an axe. I love the neck, and the hotter-than-average pickups are great for my style. The only caveat I've found is that the pickups don't seem to be hum-canceling in the middle position. Not a huge problem for me -- I turn my volume down between songs, and besides, the hum lets you know you're alive -- but more fastidious players than me might have a problem with it.

4. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Congats and welcome to the club. These are crazy good guitars for the money. I have 5 guitars but my FSR BSB has become my number one go too guitar when I want to play.

5. Quake-caster

Quake-caster Tele-Meister

Badger- that's great! I like to say that the hum in my little epiphone valve jr amp lets me know that it's alive!

6. Ike286

Ike286 Tele-Holic

Hope to join soon. Wanna get the tele on a black friday deal at GC! :)

7. Ike286

Ike286 Tele-Holic

I bought this FSR today, (black friday on an a special deal one of their representatives on internet chat gave me) It should arrive next week. IM PUMPED. been waiting two years to get this. but I'm a little saddened as If I dont like it (which im sure I will) but if for some reason it turned into non-returnable. But I will be back with pics and such eventually. :)

8. Rockit MiC

Rockit MiC TDPRI Member

Hi, I'm new here and I just bought one of these a few days ago…

I first planned to buy a Mexican Lake Blue with the intention to customize it later and wanted to buy next year a '52 BSB reissue American Standard.

But since there was not a blue one in the shop I looked around and found this FSR! Necer heard about this limited series before.

I immediatly loved it: it seemed to me made with love. I tried it and was delighted!
    Everything I expected from the American was there at one third of the price!!!!
    So I modified my plans and made a serious saving and left the shop with my first Telecaster!

I've since made som research and found that everybody is delighted with this guitar: I personnally found not one defect! (And I'm not easy to satisfy!)
    I'll even say that I'm very satisfied with the pickups!
    I play something between rockabilly and garage and don't plan to change the pickups at all.
    Maybe after a while I'll find that they could be better but for now they can growl and twang and I'm completely happy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(I don't get why these photos on Dropbox don't show up!)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7x8gjtw3acgwoh7/tele1.JPG

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x0qrcf0a2dfh61n/tele2.JPG

9. Murry

Murry TDPRI Member

So after having mine for over a year now, I'm still enjoying it and playing it daily. Just wondering if anyone's is showing wear or age? Mine, not so much. A few nicks on the fretboard is all. Do you guys expect any natural relicing?

10. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Just scratches on the pickguard. I dont see the poly showing any wear at all, and dont expect to for a real long time.

11. Ike286

Ike286 Tele-Holic

I got my tele week after black friday, Think I already said so, but, I (since its so new) havent noticed any relicing no dings or anything... obviously haha anyway some of the things i noticed were that it stays in tune REALLY well even when I took it to my other house in the car and through the cold, and also walked almost a mile with it on my back in 40 degree weather and it was IN TUNE. :) Anyway, I expect it to relic jsut like any other tele that is old, if you look at old 1952's that's what I expect eventually since i expect to keep it that long. :) Love it, keep rockin'!!!

12. DFLCC

DFLCC NEW MEMBER!

Fender FSR Telecaster

I am new to TDPRI and to the Telecaster and the FSR is my first one. I have been in to Gibson SGs' for 15 years and I am very proud of my SG arsenal. But this little Tele is definitively something else, it gives a very diferent type of tone. I am having a lot of fun with it. Mainly I have been playing blues with her. She pairs very well with my Fender Blues Jr.

Attached Files:

13. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

Great looking combo you have there. Congrats!

14. cobalt6300

cobalt6300 Tele-Meister

All stunning guitars! I am waiting on mine as its back ordered. I plan to put a humbucker in and an 0038. Should I get this new one shielded too?

15. emisilly

emisilly Tele-Afflicted

I swapped pickups in mine. Didn't bother to shield anything. Sounds awesome w/ zero noise issues.

16. Summit

Summit Tele-Meister

Newbie here...

Just picked up my FSR BSB from GC last Wednesday.

I LOVE Her. It's like she was set up for me from the factory.

Once I figure out this site, I will post up a pic...

17. Obsessed

Obsessed Telefied Ad Free Member

I'm in now! NGD!

A "return" from WW & BW. I don't know if it started out at a GC, but I suspect so. Barely played with the only scratches on the pickguard. I think that I've already hidden those today with my own. They still sell new ones and have a few used @ $100.00 off w/ free shipping. It needs some fret dressing on the low E side, but otherwise the 2 piece body rings almighty!!! The pups are really impressive, but then, I'm just a tele newbie on a honeymoon! :D

Attached Files:

• tele.jpg
      tele.jpg
      File size:
      21.6 KB
      Views:
  18. Summit

Summit Tele-Meister

New "RC" owner here. And here she is...

Attached Files:

• AA.jpg
      AA.jpg
      File size:
      23.3 KB
      Views:
    • AAAA.jpg
      AAAA.jpg
      File size:
      24.8 KB
      Views:
    • AAA.jpg
      AAA.jpg
      File size:
      21.3 KB
      Views:
    • A.jpg
      A.jpg
      File size:
      24.7 KB
      Views:
  19. djwood

djwood TDPRI Member

Just joined the club this week. Fun guitar! I tend to tweak things, and I mainly got this because I want to designate a guitar as a Micawber (without going completely crazy on every detail). I also like noiseless pickups, so I have an Area T 615 ready to go in as soon as I receive the 36th Anni for the neck. Should be pretty spankin'.

Curious what folks are thinking about the PAT PEND bridge plate? I have some spare Callaham compensated saddles I can try if I get restless, but I wonder if this is the US made plate the CS uses or if this is outsourced. Anyway, here 'tis :)

[​IMG]

20. Summit

Summit Tele-Meister

Welcome! I can't answer your question, but I think your picture is well done. Very cool. :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.